Buyable tilesets

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Cqualt, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Cqualt

Cqualt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! Noob here, sorry if it's in the wrong category to post I'm trying my best to post in the correct places.

I'm after some new tilesets and found some on This site to purchase which is great but just had a few questions there's 2 I'm interested in

1. FSM town of beginnings tiles, I've noticed it looks great but doesn't specify whether can be used for commercial use and etc?

2. Ancient dungeons base pack for mv, I've noticed says cannot use for commercial purposes

2 questions

Question 1 : is there a way that I can make it available for commercial use? If so how?

Question 2 : if used for non commercial and released for free to public is that ok? Even if money were generated from ads playing the game?

Very curious and trying to learn as much as I can thank you! :) don't mean to be a bother

Attached Files:

2. Elliott404

Elliott404 NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    FSM can be used for both commercial and non-commercial in RMMV, you'll find the terms of use once you buy it.

As for Celianna's tiles, it refers to only for RPGMaker only. In other words, you're not allowed to use them in other engines (like Unity, etc.).

Terms of use comes with every purchased assets.

EDIT: also, you post this thread in wrong section. It should be in Products Discussion and Support. ^^"""

Cqualt likes this.
  3. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Yes, wrong forum. Resource Workshops is where resource creators open up a workshop for graphics/music/maps and other can request stuff from them.

Moving to Product Discussion and Support

Cqualt likes this.
  4. PhxFire

PhxFire The Eternal Flame Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For you're question 2... generating money, even just through ads makes it a commercial game

Cqualt likes this.
  5. Cqualt

Cqualt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Thx Elliot so when people say not for commercial use they're referring to other engines such as unity etc? I always get confused as in they mean not being able to sell

6. PhxFire

PhxFire The Eternal Flame Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not for commercial use means that if you're game will make you money you can't use those tile sets (Unless you receive special permission from them directly, or they offer a license to use them commercially that you've purchased)... If its only for RPGM it will say you can only use it in RPGM or not for use in other engines

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no, the two things have nothing to do with each other.

the problem is that you were mistaken when stating that "ancient dungeons cannot be used for commercial purposes". That is completely wrong

The package clearly states: "Commercial Use: Maker only" which means YES, it can be used commercially as long as the engine it is used with is one of Degica's Makers.

8. Cqualt

Cqualt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    S
    Sorry I seem to b slightly more confused I thought Elliot said celiannas tiles could b used for commercial (selling games) aslong as it's created on RPGMAKERMV and not other engines such as unity .

Just trying to understand

9. Cqualt

Cqualt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please feel free to private message to clear it up :)

10. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Cqualt
    ANCIENT DUNGEONS CAN BE USED COMMERCALLY!!!!

That is what we are trying to tell you - whoever told you originally that it can't be used is the one who lied to you.
    The only restriction is that it has to be used with a Maker-Engine, it cannot be used in any other engine - not even for a free game as that restriction has nothing to do with commercial or not.

That is WRONG - there isn't any single hint of the pack not being able to be used commercial on its page

Celianna likes this.
  11. Elliott404

Elliott404 NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry if I made a misunderstanding. The way how I interpreted of 'Commercial Use: Maker Only' is that that asset is meant only for RPGMaker that is optimized to it; I forgot about 'the owned by Degica' part ^^""