TwentyFree

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone have an idea how I can get myself a commercial license of the plugin KhasUltraLighting.
It sais :
$15 USD fee (payable via PayPal only) on the plugin description ; it states to mail him (contact page on my blog).
his blog : https://arcthunder.blogspot.com/p/contact.html
I did sent an email some time ago but no answer.

sorry if this is the wrong forum section.

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this isn't what you asked for, but it might be easier for you to go with another lighting plugin for your commercial needs. I would recommend the Community Lighting plugin as it is highly versatile and released under the MIT License, so you can use it for commercial projects.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As far as I am aware, you can't. He has left the scene totally, and is not replying to emails etc. You therefore have no choice but to use a different plugin if you want to go commercial.

TwentyFree

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this isn't what you asked for, but it might be easier for you to go with another lighting plugin for your commercial needs. I would recommend the Community Lighting plugin as it is highly versatile and released under the MIT License, so you can use it for commercial projects.
I am already totally set up with this lighting plugin.
And the thing is I really need to have the obstruction from walls for the light.
Wich I don't think that one you refered does.

Tank you for your reply btw

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kes, not quite. It may be quialified as Abandonware - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

In this particular case, using Khas' plugins for commercial usage still is illegal, but it's highly unlikely @TwentyFree will have troubles when he releases his game and if you said, Khas left our community for good I doubt now Khas will track all games that uses his plugins. If I were in your place, @TwentyFree I would keep mailing him and if you still get no response from Khas, then I would following approach:

first, release a free demo or early access with Khas' plugins and if he will answer then either you two make a fair deal, or like @HiddenAlchemist said, use different plugin.

Please note:
I don't encourage you or anyone to use illegal software, but I want you to show, that not all things are black or white and if you go for commercial release you must be very careful what you are using, how are you using it and where you are using it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if I remember correctly Khas had two lighting plugins for MV - the ultra lighting was the commercial one, but an older one was free. It had less options than the commercial one, but it might be enough for the OP to work around.

Additionally, I would really like to hear @Touchfuzzy s opinion on this - not only because it is a question about what counts as abandoneware, but also because (if I remember correctly) for a few years in the past, Khas'commercial licence was available through the Degica shop.
The fact that it is no longer there means that it is difficult to purchase it, but perhaps Degica still has some better contact to Khas or alternatives for those licences that were sold on the shop.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't have any contact that anyone else doesn't have I don't think. I can ask our store manager, but I think it predates our current store manager.

As for thoughts on abandonware, that is definitely not something I know enough about to really make a statement at all.

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am already totally set up with this lighting plugin.
And the thing is I really need to have the obstruction from walls for the light.
Wich I don't think that one you refered does.

Tank you for your reply btw
With everything that has already been said, it looks very likely that you will have to settle for compromise and use a different plugin without the features you want. Only other alternative I can think of is to make a formal request for someone to remake their own version of a lighting plugin that has shadow obstruction.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's been a while but Khas told me he allowed commercial use for his plugins a loong time ago before he left the scene and he was supposed to update his ToU. Take this with a bulldozer of salt though.

TwentyFree

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been a while but Khas told me he allowed commercial use for his plugins a loong time ago before he left the scene and he was supposed to update his ToU. Take this with a bulldozer of salt though.
If that where true it would solve everything.

With everything that has already been said, it looks very likely that you will have to settle for compromise and use a different plugin without the features you want. Only other alternative I can think of is to make a formal request for someone to remake their own version of a lighting plugin that has shadow obstruction.
Do you know of anyone that would be eager to rewrite this entire plugin?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moving to Plugin Support

TwentyFree

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you would have to ask around yourself. And to be honest, it's not really that fair to me to ask me to do the leg work.
Fair enough
Should I ask in a new thread or do it here?

TwentyFree

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tank you all for your quick responses and advice!
Not sure if we leave this thread open or close it?
I'll leave that to the mods^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamegialap