Buying Music from VX to use in MV?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by ItaliaVeneziano1, Oct 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ItaliaVeneziano1

ItaliaVeneziano1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I have a question.

I have recently started using the trial version of RPG Maker VX, to see if I like it better then MV, and while I do like the retro music that it has and the gamepad compatibility without needing to do scripting, I don't think it is enough for me to want to buy it.

So I was wondering if RPG Maker sells the music from VX at all, I couldn't find it by just looking in the shop section, are some of the tracks under a certain music packs, and I just don't know which one?

I could really use the help.

Thanks in advance.

2. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You'd have to buy vx if you wanted to use the music from it.

Plenty of other great music packs in the store and free songs around the forums if that doesn't appeal to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2016
  3. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You would download the music for VX through the VX RTP download, which can be accessed from the store page. However, you would need to own VX in order to be able to legally use it.

I'm not sure if VX usually goes on sale when Ace and the others do, but if you want to use this music, I would keep an eye out for Humble Bundle Store or Steam sales, or even heavy discounts through the store here.

4. wintyrbarnes

wintyrbarnes Jack of a Few Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    VX goes on sale with all the others--I got it a few months back, along with XP, on the main store here. Really, really good sale, too.  

5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    VX occasionally goes on sale when the forum has a sale. You'll have to watch that, as VX isn't even on steam last time I checked  (VXAce is though).

6. ItaliaVeneziano1

ItaliaVeneziano1 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you everyone for answering!

I'll look out for whenever VX goes on sale.

7. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    VX would go on sale when there is a sale on the forum.  It's not on Steam though, and I get the feeling Steam sales are more frequent.  So VX would not go on sale as often as the other engines do.  I'm also not sure if it ever pops up in the Humble Bundles, as I believe the engines included in those are also Steam versions.