Buying MV for resources to be used in MZ?

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I just bought MZ bundle S on Holloween and I don't own any other version of RM.

Am thinking to buy MV for its RTP to be used in my MZ project, like enemies, actors, music, and etc. Just want to legally have more basic resources.

Before that, I would like to ask. Do MV and MZ have completely different RTPs? Do they have same tilesets?

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't suggest you buy MV just for the Resources, I don't think it would justify the price. Most of the Resources in MZ are simply reworked pieces of MV anyway. The real reason you would want to consider buying MV is that it has more Plugin Support, Which will eventually change once MZ has equal number of Plugins.

I'm not sure if the FSM Tilesets work in MZ (Have to check since i own both MZ and MV) but if they do, I would suggest you get those instead. FSM (First seed Material) has some amazing Tilesets and Resources, They are worth their price. They are much much better than Default Tilesets you find in MV.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the stock resources are similar but not identical - there are differences in color tones as well as looks.
but those differences are minor and you should be able to use any tilesets in the other program.

in some cases a slight edit with an image program to correct color tones might be helpful, but that is a guess as I haven't compared every tile

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you guys.

If I'm buying it, I'll wait until autumn sale to see if I can get it with 75% off or less than 10 dollars. For that price, it should be fine.

Yes, I'm planning to buy FSM, too, when it has discounts. Haha

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flopinou74