In a world of chaos, mystery, and uncertainty, where gratuitous word limits are imposed on all, one heroic Bee, Buzzy, stands in the way of total disaster for all life. Using his mighty wings and pure determination, he fights not only against his own limits, but also against the limits of Mother Nature's mighty gusts, gravity itself, and the harsh terrain that he calls home in order to collect enough honey stars to survive the season.
Failure is not an option here! If Buzzy fails to collect enough stars before the seasons change, not only will he himself perish - his entire hive, the only hive remaining, will perish alongside him!!
You, controlling Buzzy, must do whatever it takes protect his hive, protect the world, and most of all, protect his one true love - the hive queen from certain destruction....
Guide Buzzy through the treacherous maze of ups and downs in this totally original and one of a kind tap tap minigame!! Collect as many honey stars as you can to ensure his, and his hives survival.
Gameplay & Features:
- Simple tap and click mechanics. The key to Buzzy's survival, use either your keyboard, mouse, or finger to make him flap his wings and avoid obstacles. The more you tap, the higher he goes!
- Easy to understand collection based scoring system. The more honey stars you add to your collection, the more your score will grow.
- 1280x720p HD Resolution
- Keyboard/Gamepad Support (space/ok)
- Animated Loading Screen
- Asset Preloading for smooth gameplay
- Improved Collision Detection
- Quick Jump Boost (double taps = high jumps)
- Personal Highscore Record
- Online Highscore Records
The Making Of:
This game is just a little something I randomly decided to make this morning. Its currently in beta because of this, but I do feel that it has all the features I'd like to add at this time. If you have any suggestions for improvements, or a bug to report, let me know and I'll see what I can do!
The Making Of II:
I have spent the past few days tightening the game mechanics, clicking my mouse, upscaling the resolution, tapping my phone screen, adding personal records, clicking mouse again, loading screens, redoing almost all assets, and of course, clicking my mouse some more!!
Hoping to have an android version ready for download soon. Need to add an asset preloader next I think... On mobile there is a noticeable delay when a new level loads for the first time. I'm guessing folks with slow web connections will suffer the same fate on the web hosted version...
The Making Of III:
Spend the past week writing and rewriting a node.js backend api to manage highscores. This has now been fully implemented in Buzzy. I also spent far too long scrolling through different fonts to choose one for the highscore list, redesigned the game title and end scenes to accommodate highscores and a shiny name input box. Asset preloading is now also a thing (at least for the heavier images)
All thats really left is mobile. An android port might be released at some point, but tbh, im sick of this game now. I've spent almost two weeks constantly clicking my damn mouse (my personal best is now 207 - I haven't posted any scores on the highscore list since it went live to give people a chance to get good)
- To enter fullscreen, click the game window and press F4. (or use site button)
- Press the print screen key to automatically download a png of your game screen. (or site button)
- Look out for the ultra rare honey hue! Make sure to collect it to quickly build your score!!
Graphics: Akashics & Craftpix
Engine: RPG Maker MZ
Additional: @Amysaurus and @Galenmereth for help with lore creation for this description!!
Be sure to share your highest score screenshots below!!
My highest score is now 207, can you do better?
Buzzy now has an online highscore list, so no need to post your screenshots!!