Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dang it, took me freaking ages to get that 244 :'(
Good job though!! That must have took some good concentration :D

Thanks. Oh yeah, that wasn't easy. Took me some tries. However, if I'm going to earn a place in the highscore list, I'm willing to get straight to the top. :LZScool:

I took another look at the list and now everything looks fine. Maybe I just had to reload the game to get it displayed correctly.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yea, if its not #1 then its just not worth it :D

Hopefully it isnt a widespread issue. Without being able to replicate it, its much harder to diagnose and fix. But happy to hear it wasn't an issue after reload.

Do you happen to have a favourite level? I really like the new volcano style level (#10 in the new levels preview screenshot). Its easily my favourite but it seems to be the one I've got least often so far :(

Edit: just seen new entries with the name 'username' in the list. Guess I need to investigate more lol...

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you happen to have a favourite level? I really like the new volcano style level (#10 in the new levels preview screenshot). Its easily my favourite but it seems to be the one I've got least often so far :(

I actually liked all levels except the night mode, where I sometimes had problems to estimate the obstacles correctly. If you ask me for a favorite level, I would choose the jungle.

I was able to beat my own highscore once again and made a video for you. Unfortunately the program didn't record the music for some reason, so it's rather a silent movie. :LZScheeze:

Have fun watching and thanks for making this neat little game. I had a lot of fun with it and I'll surely play it more often.

Last edited:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks! It was just a silly little project I threw together one day and over time its had its mechanics tightened to a point im quite happy with <3

Although, with that being said the new update seems a bit easier than I had intended it to be lol. Ahh well, if people are enjoying it thats all that matters :D

The night level is another one of my favourites. I actually find it easier because of the high contrast between the level and buzzy. Happy to hear you enjoyed most levels though! <3

Your thumbnail shows Tw0Face as the name, but right at the end of the clip you 'quit' and it shows 'username' in the name input area. I've had another look over the code and cant see any reason why it'd be getting overwritten at any point. The only time the name gets changed in the code is when you click the play button on the title screen, it gets changed to whatever is in the name box.

Shame about the video audio though. What do you use to record? The build in record function for windows 10 is fairly decent for performance (Win key + G), but I'd recommend something with more control like obs studio if your computer can handle it without causing issue for the game your playing. :)

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks! It was just a silly little project I threw together one day and over time its had its mechanics tightened to a point im quite happy with <3

You see, even something that started as a silly little project can turn into something awesome. :LZScheeze:

Although, with that being said the new update seems a bit easier than I had intended it to be lol. Ahh well, if people are enjoying it thats all that matters :D

The gameplay felt a bit wonky when I first played Buzzy. In the meantime you've improved it a lot and now it feels just right. If I were you, I would leave it as it is! :LZScool:

Your thumbnail shows Tw0Face as the name, but right at the end of the clip you 'quit' and it shows 'username' in the name input area. I've had another look over the code and cant see any reason why it'd be getting overwritten at any point. The only time the name gets changed in the code is when you click the play button on the title screen, it gets changed to whatever is in the name box.

I took another look at the list today and I'm still listed as "username". I entered "Tw0Face" yesterday before playing. If I had to make a random guess why the error occurs, I would assume that the name you enter is immediately deleted (or not even set as a new name?) as soon as you press "Play"? I could be wrong though, as my other entries in the highscore list are meanwhile displayed correctly.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lol thanks! I think its just cause of the amount of time I've spent on it tbh. It was a fun little concept that I seen the potential in, so kept tweaking little things. :D

Unfortunately, the mechanics will change slightly at least one more time. This system is a plugin after all, and I've been slowly cleaning up the code to release it as such. The process of converting my hard coded settings into configurable plugin options always ends up changing things a bit... Hopefully it wont change it too much. :)

I'm really not sure whats happening with the name tbh. I tested yesterday on both chrome and firefox (game seems to be playable now on firefox <3) and today it has remembered the usernames I had input.

When a player loads the game, it attempts to autoload the previous save data. When pressing the play button on the main screen it changes the name used for the highscores. When you die your highscore and name information is saved (to be auto loaded after game next loads). So there is only the one time that the name data actually changes.

Question, does the game still show your 'record' at the end of a game correctly? (at the top above score). If its not showing that information, then there might be an issue with the autosave/autoloading process. That'd explain why its resetting your name, but not why your input name isnt being used for highscores you get during that game session.

#confuzed :D

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Question, does the game still show your 'record' at the end of a game correctly? (at the top above score). If its not showing that information, then there might be an issue with the autosave/autoloading process. That'd explain why its resetting your name, but not why your input name isnt being used for highscores you get during that game session.

Did a few test runs to see if I can help. The result is, if I don't make it to the highscore list and press "Quit" after losing, the name box still says "Tw0Face". If I make it into the highscore list, however, I'll be listed there as "username" and if I press "Quit", the name box also says "username".

As I see, some of my entries I scored yesterday are now displayed correctly. The 298 points I scored today are still displayed as "username". I just reached a new highscore a few minutes ago, also listed as "username".

From my logic, the highscore list seems to need a day or so to be updated? But I'm still not sure. Maybe check on that and see if you can find out if that could be the cause?

Highscore_Tw0Face.png

Last edited:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I made a short video to showcase each level and added it to the op. (also in spoiler below)

Strange. So its remembering your username, and then changing it when before it posts your score... Literally no idea why that'd happen as the name only changes when you press play on the title which is a totally different scene lol.

The reason the list was updated was due to me manually changing the name for you (since you have shown proof of the score I felt it was only fair). I also just updated your 406 with your name too. I couldnt be bothered changing all the scores so I only changed the top one. its the only one that really counts anyway? :p

Congrats on the score btw. I spent quite some time getting onto the list earlier myself to test this (and then almost punched my screen when I died lol), and it posted my name fine without any issue. Which just adds more confusion lol. Took me ages to break 300 though lol. Not sure I'll breach 400 any time soon :D

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Strange. So its remembering your username, and then changing it when before it posts your score... Literally no idea why that'd happen as the name only changes when you press play on the title which is a totally different scene lol.

I think I was either wrong or it was different last time. I came back to this game today and played a few rounds. In the process, I did some testing around to get an idea on how to help you fix this bug. In no case the name was saved.

You can reproduce it as follows:
- Enter your name and play until you die. After that press "Quit". Your name will show "username".
- Enter your name and die immediately without collecting any gems. Press "Quit". Your name will show "username" as well.

This actually leaves only two ways in how the bug can occur:
(1) Either the name is already deleted when you press "Play" right after entering a name
(2) or the name is deleted at the point where the highscore list opens after you die.

I think that narrows down the troubleshooting. I'm sure that you will find the error sooner or later. Hope to be able to help you with this report. :LZScheeze:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey there, thanks for the info <3

Unfortunately, I am still not able to reproduce this bug :(
I recorded a short clip of my attempts in both firefox and chrome::

As you can see in the clip, the only way I am able to get the username to reset in any way, is if I change it to something, then click the (i) to open the credits info, when you go back the name resets to whatever it was before (but not specifically 'username')

I am also considering this as a bug (credits button) as the name input box specifically sets the username when the name input window is deactivated in any way:

1607724486048.png

So yea, I'm going to investigate the credits info bug as its the only one I'm actually able to replicate lol. The next version will also handle the auto loading of save data slightly differently (which may have fixed the credits bug already lol)

Anyway yea... Thanks for the info. I've added steps to replicate your bug report to the description of my video as well in case anyone else watches it and is able to replicate it :D

I've also had other folks test and no one else is able to get the same bug :/

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, that leaves me purely guessing as to what could be the cause. To me, it seems that as soon as I start playing the game, the name gets immediately deleted. Thus, as soon as I press a key. That's quite a strange thing, bro. :LZScheeze:

Take a look at the video.

I don't use Firefox or Chrome. I have Opera with Windows 10 64-bit. Perhaps I should've mentioned that earlier?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I downloaded opera and tried it in that and still am not able to replicate the issue lol. Opera also seems to be a chromium based browser too, so its fairly similar to chrome under the hood and the performance in opera seems as stable as chrome too.

So yea, pretty confused at that one. Without being able to reproduce it on my side though, there's no real way I can know for sure if anything I change fixes it lol.

Whats stranger is that it only seems to reset your name some of the time. Sometimes your able to quit just fine and the name you entered stays... :/

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whats stranger is that it only seems to reset your name some of the time. Sometimes your able to quit just fine and the name you entered stays... :/

That's what I meant when I said that I highly expect it to be related to whether a key is pressed or not. As you can see in the video, the name is always erased once I start playing. As long as no key is pressed, the name stays as it is.

I know it's hard to impossible for you to track down a bug that you can't reproduce yourself. Let's hope I'm the only one having trouble with this. Don't worry too much about it.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
v1.7 is now live!!

I have added a bunch of changes, the most notable are detailed below:
- New Progressive Difficulty
- New Level Name Popup
- New Title Screen Buttons
- Added Game Options Scene
- Reset Game Data Scene

Because the difficulty curve is quite different now, I have reset the leaderboards, below is some images of before and after my 'reset'.
old leaderboard before wipe:
1609005956976.png

leaderboard after wipe:
1609006098999.png

As you can see, I just removed the last digit from each persons score.

Lastly, this game is now both available at my website and on itch.io. The OP has been updated with the new itch link.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Much thankies! <3

I hope to do better in the future. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Making Houses and Outside on the same map with RPG Maker MV!
Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangkykubetim