Bypassing the category window when selecting Items

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by RazeyMclovin, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazeyMclovin

RazeyMclovin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello all. I hope somebody can help me. I am making an adventure/puzzle game which doesn't use a lot of the built in stuff like Weapons, armour and classes. In my in-game menu I have "Items", "Save" and "Quit" as the only options. I have removed the status window as well as the gold counter. Within the "Items" option, as you may know, you have sub-categories consisting of Items, Weapons, Armours and Key Items I think. I edited it so Items is the only thing available. Anyhoo, the problem I am having is that when I press "Items" it takes me to the sub-category screen, even though I only have one option... That being "Item." How can I make it so as soon as I press "Item" from the menu, it goes into the items category automatically?

2. Yato

Yato (aka Racheal) Veteran

Assuming you aren't using a custom menu outside of the changes you mentioned, here's a little scriptlet you can insert in the Materials section to remove the category window.

Code:
    class Scene_Item < Scene_ItemBase  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Start Processing  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def start    super    create_help_window    create_item_window  end  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Create Item Window  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def create_item_window    wy = @help_window.height    wh = Graphics.height - wy    @item_window = Window_ItemList.new(0, wy, Graphics.width, wh)    @item_window.viewport = @viewport    @item_window.help_window = @help_window    @item_window.set_handler(:ok,     method(:on_item_ok))    @item_window.set_handler(:cancel, method(:return_scene))    @item_window.category = :item    @item_window.activate    @item_window.select_last  endend

3. RazeyMclovin

RazeyMclovin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    That actually did the trick. Thanks!

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    'Search' would have helped you find this one, too. It's been asked and answered several times.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.