Corlagon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Disclaimer: Contains fantastic racism (by a villain).

Hiho, I’m disabled and work much slower than normal people, but I still managed to come up with something I could make within the time limit and still stand behind artistically:

Byteria Dungeon: Tiny Bold Adventures

The game is a dungeon crawler, somewhat minimalist but technically still an RPG. I focused on replayability.

* Made with RPG Maker VX Ace

** Primarily uses the RPGVXA RTP, with some stuff from the RPGVX RTP. (I bought several Makers, I want to use as much stuff as feasible.)

* There are two completely distinct dungeons with distinct protagonists (single Actors), set in the comedic world of Byteria.

** Marty is a young but skilled hero who may or may not be the legendary hero from an ancient prophecy and gets confronted about it. He’s a fighter with special skills powered by Impetus Points (my term for tactical points or whatever they’re called).

** Caishee has bought herself a bankrupt baseball team (she’s a fairy and this appeared to be fun) and attempts to meet a shady businesswoman in order to save it. She uses traditional magic.

* You can choose between several difficulty levels (these simply determine the experience level you start at).

* Each dungeon consists of two main levels, randomly generated courtesy of Saba Kan’s Dungeon Creation script, followed by a boss fight.

** There’s also Saba Kan’s Modify Event Behaviour – enemies are visible on the map and you can try to avoid them.

** Between dungeon levels you get your energy restored and an opportunity to save. You can also replay levels if you want to farm items and experience (or had to escape before finding all the equipment).

* Traditional turn-based combat powered by Yanfly’s Ace Battle Engine.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to polish the game engine as much as I wanted and add a high-score feature, not to mention more dungeons and heroes, but what’s there is fully playable. Enelvon’s Multilang would be another prominent script, but again, I haven’t actually gotten around to translating the text.

Download (16.5 MiB)

byteria-dungeon-tiny-bold-adventures.jpg
byteria-dungeon-tiny-bold-adventures_2.jpg
byteria-dungeon-tiny-bold-adventures_3.jpg
byteria-dungeon-tiny-bold-adventures_4.jpg
byteria-dungeon-tiny-bold-adventures_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Congrats on finishing your game!  I played it without reading the main post because I like being surprised by the game (I'm odd like that).  I figured out it was a dungeon crawler right away, and even though I'm not a huge fan of them this was short enough for me to enjoy it.  The two characters are completely different to play as which was a nice surprise.  The battles weren't very difficult (though Caishee kept getting her butt handed to her on the second floor), and I think more variation between the enemy attacks would be nice if you keep working on this.  Since you used a dungeon generator the maps are pretty bland, adding some more details to them would make them more interesting to look at.

The story was the weakest point of the game, which isn't too surprising for a dungeon crawler, but I think if you spent some more time polishing everything this could be a pretty fun and good game.  :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today we be doing an unscheduled stream! Lets get some work done on the titlescreen for Lightestone! <3
www.twitch.tv/riazey
I can't believe it... my mom is going to sign me up for the Planet Fitness down the street! I need to lower my cholesterol according to my doctor, and I'll need to lose some weight to fit into Helen Henny's skirt (I ordered a skirt for my mascot outfit and realized it was a bit too small). My doctor says I need to lose weight anyway.
I blame my lilest bro for the duck suit. Sketched it and realized it had to be added to a mock fashion magazine cover. The titles are actually inside jokes about the place this NPC is from.
EvKECQJVEAw3Qux
Kes
After a few hectic months, my hiatus is over, and I'm now back. Good to see so many familiar names posting. And a forum update while I was away.
V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torcham