Cadence's Original and RTP Edits (6/22 UPDATE)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by cadencefire, Jun 20, 2016.

1. cadencefire

cadencefire Cadencefire Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello! I have edited some of the RTP files for more detailed maps! I used arcthemonkey's tutorial to help me figure out how to make a slanted roof. Check it out if you want to know how to do it yourself. I've included a sample map to show what you can do using all of the resources I've put down below. These are primarily for parallax mapping, but I have tried to arrange things so that some can easily be converted into a tileset. 

I'll be updating this as I make more edits.

Update Log

6/22/2016

• Added original trees sample maps
    • Added "Original Trees"
    • Added "RTP Interior Wall Themes"
    • Updated Terms of Use

6/21/2016

• Added winter, fantasy forest and normal forest samples maps
    • Updated roof set
    • Updated "Misc. Edits"
    • Added custom nature set
    • Added "Parallax Set Giveaways"

Terms of Use:

• You don't need to credit me (except for the "Custom Nature" Set and "Parallax Set Giveaways" and all Original works) since these are RTP edits.
    • Completely free to use in both commercial or non-commercial games as long as you have an RPG maker MV license. If you do make a game with these let me know!
    • You can edit these as you please, but please don't re-post what I've edited and claim it as your own.
    • Please follow any special notes listed in this topic.
    • If you want to use any of my originals in a commercial game please contact me first.

[​IMG]SAMPLE MAPS UPDATED

NOTE: Not all of what is displayed is from the default RTP. I am using free resources from other community members in my game so you won't find all of what I have here in MV's default RTP or my edits. Please refer to the GrandmaDeb's showcase directory to find a compiled list of resources.

Cadencefire_example.png

Cadencefire_Original_Trees_Example.png

Cadencefire_fantasy_example.png

Cadencefire_forest_example.png

Cadencefire_winter_example.png

[​IMG]RTP ROOFS + FENCES

These are 3x3 so that you can easily copy the center tile(s). I normally layer them up and erase the edges to create a smooth transition. With this method I no longer create base maps in RPGMaker's editor.

Cadencefire_roofs.png

[​IMG]SLANTED ROOFS  

I will be adding more later. I may also change these in order to make them look better.

Update (6/21/2016)

• hay roof with border

Cadencefire_side_roof.png

[​IMG]RTP WALLS

Same as with the RTP Roofs, these are 3x3 to hopefully make parallax mapping easier.

Cadencefire_walls.png

[​IMG]MISC. EDITS

This is a random assortment of default RTP I have edited/recolored/re-arrange. I'll be updating this more as I think of new things.

Update (6/21/2016)

• Added in shutters, a slanted broom and the base broom to edit as you please.
    • Added shadows under the rope fence.

Cadencefire_misc.png

[​IMG]CUSTOM NATURE SET 

Here are some nature things! The trees and rocks are not optimized for a tilesheet. I've added the fallen leaves to match the tree colors. Please credit me for these ones please.  :rhappy:

• Taller trees (about 2 sprites tall)
    • Separated apples, flowers and trunk hole for customization. 
    • Boulder types: sand, tall grass, normal. Comes in brown and grey.
    • Darker grass patches

Cadence_custom_trees.png

[​IMG]RTP INTERIOR WALL THEMES NEW

Have you ever been mapping and became frustrated that your interior walls lack personality? Well I've got some edits for you that should help!

Down below are some of the interior walls redesigned in a light and dark theme. I have included the default as well. Just import this into the editor and you should be good to go! If you want, you can even edit this to pick out the ones that you want instead. They are optimized for MV's editor so they should be easy to move around.

Cadencefire_Inside_A4_Themes.png

EXAMPLES

Spoiler

Cadencefire_Light_Theme.png

Cadencefire_Neutral_Theme.png

Cadencefire_Dark_Theme.png

[​IMG]ORIGINAL TREES  (read special note)  NEW

NOTE:  These are hand made graphics and therefore you must give me credit for them. : ) I will be adding more things later on when I have time. These trees are for parallax mapping. With the way I laid them out you should be able to create tons of combinations. Check the "Sample Maps" spoiler to see examples. To get crazy colors like with the Fantasy Trees, just add a clipping layer over the first set of leaves and play with the filters.

Cadencefire_Orignal_Trees.png

[​IMG]PARALLAX SET GIVEAWAYS (read special note)

NOTE: With these sets, not all of what I used belongs to me. You MUST follow by the Terms of Use of each artist listed for the set(s) that you use. You must credit me too for these since they are completed sets.

Beach House ( Crazy_Leen, PandaMaru, Cyanide)

Cadencefire_beach_house.png

I hope this helped you!

[​IMG] -Cadencefire

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  2. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    None of your screenshots came in... 

3. cadencefire

First Language:
    English
    I just edited it so that it worked. I was having trouble trying to add images in. It should be fixed now. :)

4. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The misc. items and slanted roof images are still broken, but other than that, these look really really good.  I look forward to seeing more.  Can you release the beach cabin on it's own, without the beach background?

5. cadencefire

First Language:
    English
    Hmm, it should be working now after the update. I also added the cabin on it's own like you asked. Please read the special note listed before using it. About the centering of the set: as long as you have the door aligned properly it should be easy to use in a parallax. :)

6. cadencefire

First Language:
    English
    I added more resources to this thread and updated my Terms of Use. Let me know if there is anything you want to see!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  7. RishigangiX

RishigangiX Professional Procrastinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The trees and the bushes look pretty cute, I like 'em. ;)