caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to have some sort of patch to have these two plugins working properly together? Unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems like DreamX's plugin only supports text for the first 6 choices.
Place Dream's plugin above Hime's in the Plugin Manager, save your project, and test; seems to work OK for me! :kaothx:

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a quick question about the BattleStepY plugin... it works perfectly fine, I'm just wondering, is there a way to get actors to move downwards when escaping, instead of to the side?

Lady_JJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really love the FaceOnRight plugin, and the fact that it flips the face image as well, totally awesome! I think it makes much more sense to have dialogues with characters on opposite sides, facing each other. I do have a question, though. I'm storing JS snippets and small plugins like this in a showcase demo project for easier reference down the road. This is my event that shows the FaceOnRight function

1590107283079.png

So far, so good. But, then, I found this little snippet from @SeaPhoenix which can be found at https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/help-with-cropping-faces-changing-face-y-position-in-message-windows.118264/#post-1040347

1590107570324.png

If I run the ShowFaceRight command in the first event, then go to SeaPhoenix's script in the second event, they both do what is expected. But.... when I return to the ShowFaceRight event, nothing changes. The image remains on the left and no flip is made. Now, in the grand scheme of my rpg life, the ShowFaceRight plugin is of far greater use and satisfaction to me, but I was just wondering why running SeaPhoenix's script makes ShowFaceRight break???

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lady_JJ, my snippet overrides the drawMessageFace function, so it'll override any other changes made to that function; this is why the order of plugins matter in general.

To fix this, I would put my snippet in a plugin and place it above the FaceOnRight plugin. Then you would have to make a couple changes to the FaceOnRight plugin as well; since @caethyril allows modification, I'll mention them here but they may have a better suggestion.

As mentioned in the original thread, the last two parameters of the drawFace function are the width and height of the face image (which are often omitted by functions that call upon it, because in most cases you just want the default width and height). I'm assuming you want to change only the height and only in the message window since that was the point of the original thread.

Code:
// Original code excerpted from FaceOnRight plugin
// Change face-render position if face should be on the right
_.Window_Message_drawMessageFace = Window_Message.prototype.drawMessageFace;
Window_Message.prototype.drawMessageFace = function() {
    if (_.FlipFaceX) {
        this.drawFace_Flipped($gameMessage.faceName(), $gameMessage.faceIndex(),
                  _.FaceOnRight ? (this.width - this.standardPadding() * 2 - Window_Base._faceWidth) : 0, 0);
    } else if (_.FaceOnRight) {
        this.drawFace($gameMessage.faceName(), $gameMessage.faceIndex(),
                  this.width - this.standardPadding() * 2 - Window_Base._faceWidth, 0);
    } else {
        _.Window_Message_drawMessageFace.call(this);        // Default to callback
    }
};

// Two modifications to the code above
// Change face-render position if face should be on the right
_.Window_Message_drawMessageFace = Window_Message.prototype.drawMessageFace;
Window_Message.prototype.drawMessageFace = function() {
    if (_.FlipFaceX) {
        // SeaPhoenix: modify the following lines and replace 100 with your desired value
        this.drawFace_Flipped($gameMessage.faceName(), $gameMessage.faceIndex(),
                  _.FaceOnRight ? (this.width - this.standardPadding() * 2 - Window_Base._faceWidth) : 0, 0, 
                  Window_Base._faceWidth, 100);
    } else if (_.FaceOnRight) {
        // SeaPhoenix: modify the following lines and replace 100 with your desired value
        this.drawFace($gameMessage.faceName(), $gameMessage.faceIndex(),
                  this.width - this.standardPadding() * 2 - Window_Base._faceWidth, 0, 
                  Window_Base._faceWidth, 100);
    } else {
        _.Window_Message_drawMessageFace.call(this);        // Default to callback
    }
};

Lady_JJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the explanation. Seems for me there's not much difference between trying to learn by immersion and just copying/pasting code without no real understanding which is always a recipe for disaster. :) Still, I'll keep stumbling on. Thanks again. And a huge thank you to Caethyril and everyone else on this forum who so patiently answer all these newbie questions. This is such an incredibly supportive community.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a quick question about the BattleStepY plugin... it works perfectly fine, I'm just wondering, is there a way to get actors to move downwards when escaping, instead of to the side?
Sorry for the delay! I realise you might've already solved it by now, but that feature of BattleStepY seems to work as expected for me, in a project with no other plugins active. When I choose Escape (and it's successful) all living actors move toward the bottom of the screen. Maybe it's a plugin compatibility issue? :kaoswt:

I did notice battlers don't flee off-screen (because I dun goofed and forgot about the sprite anchor/height) but that should be an easy fix. :kaophew:

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the delay! I realise you might've already solved it by now, but that feature of BattleStepY seems to work as expected for me, in a project with no other plugins active. When I choose Escape (and it's successful) all living actors move toward the bottom of the screen. Maybe it's a plugin compatibility issue? :kaoswt:

I did notice battlers don't flee off-screen (because I dun goofed and forgot about the sprite anchor/height) but that should be an easy fix. :kaophew:
Actually I'll check my other plugins and see if it's something to do with that then. I have a feeling if it's working as intended otherwise, then yeah... something on my end must be acting odd.

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

I am using Dream's choice help window.

If hide the choice using the HIME plugin's Hidden Choice Conditions, the help description of the previous location is displayed. Can you fix this?

ex)
choice 1 help: ChoiceMessage AAAA
choice 2 help: ChoiceMessage BBBB
Then, the condition is applied and choice 1 to hidden.
Then the description 2 will show AAAA in the help window, including the face.

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! Thanks for this!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dehsalp did you create the choices and below the choices the ChoiceMessage?
because it READ the choice options, I know HIMES Choice Condition, but not how it works.
you cant place choice message under each other or it will always take the 1st one.

choice 1:
comment: ChoiceMessage 1
do stuff

choice 2:
comment: ChoiceMessage 2
do stuff

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dehsalp did you create the choices and below the choices the ChoiceMessage?
because it READ the choice options, I know HIMES Choice Condition, but not how it works.
you cant place choice message under each other or it will always take the 1st one.

choice 1:
comment: ChoiceMessage 1
do stuff

choice 2:
comment: ChoiceMessage 2
do stuff
of course.

The basics of the plugin work just fine, but as of now hiding choices, this is the only problem.

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dehsalp while Himes can hide choices, does the same with this plugin as well?
which has show condition (hide, disables, show etc) if you try in a new project with the other plugins?
if the effect stays the same, than I cant help you, but its weird if its gives option 1 if disabled and/or
not met the condition to show.

if you can get the 1st option BEFORE the show choices that is, but if you get the 1st choices later
or after the 1st one, you can switch. else a compability need to be made or added though.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

I am using Dream's choice help window.

If hide the choice using the HIME plugin's Hidden Choice Conditions, the help description of the previous location is displayed. Can you fix this?

ex)
choice 1 help: ChoiceMessage AAAA
choice 2 help: ChoiceMessage BBBB
Then, the condition is applied and choice 1 to hidden.
Then the description 2 will show AAAA in the help window, including the face.
Ah, yea, I've included a compatibility thing for Yanfly's hide/show choices in my ChoiceHelp patch, but Hime's works differently. I'll see what I can do, will @ you if/when I get it working~ :kaothx:

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, yea, I've included a compatibility thing for Yanfly's hide/show choices in my ChoiceHelp patch, but Hime's works differently. I'll see what I can do, will @ you if/when I get it working~ :kaothx:
Thank you for starting the work.
I was worried because those plugins were one of the most important systems for me.

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dehsalp: OK, I think I've got it. I updated my patch to v1.2, same link, see if it works for you~ :)
I tried it, but it is still the same.
Here, if hide the first choice, the help of number 2 still appears in the description of the first choice.

+)
Should I put the location of these plugins above the HIME plugins?
Since I was a plugin for FIX, I was thinking that I had to override the HIME plugin and put it underneath.

++)
So, I changed the location and put the patch plugin on top of the HIME plugin, but it still doesn't change...

Attachments

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey just saying thanks for all your help in the past with plugins and plugin issues! I recognized some of the ones in your list and still have them in my current projects on the go! Glad to see so many people being helped by them now. Hope you are doing well.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried it, but it is still the same.
Here, if hide the first choice, the help of number 2 still appears in the description of the first choice.

+)
Should I put the location of these plugins above the HIME plugins?
Since I was a plugin for FIX, I was thinking that I had to override the HIME plugin and put it underneath.

++)
So, I changed the location and put the patch plugin on top of the HIME plugin, but it still doesn't change...
Oh, that's strange. Before uploading, I tested it in a v1.6.2 project with three plugins active, in this order:
  • HIME_HiddenChoiceConditions
  • DreamX_ChoiceHelp
  • CaeF_DreamX_ChoiceHelp
Just now I tested again to be super sure, and yes, when I disable choice #1, that choice disappears and the correct descriptions are shown for the remaining choices. I tried a few different combinations of disabled choices and they all seemed to produce the correct result. After that I added HIME_LargeChoices to the end of the Plugin Manager list and experimented with that; again, everything seemed to work out correctly. :kaoswt:

I'm guessing your problem is due to a plugin conflict, though I'm not sure. Are you maybe using two plugins that affect choices, e.g. Yanfly's Extended Message Pack 1 and Hime's Hidden Choice Conditions? Perhaps list or screenshot all your plugins in your Plugin Manager. (Just a reminder: the order is generally important.)

Hey just saying thanks for all your help in the past with plugins and plugin issues! I recognized some of the ones in your list and still have them in my current projects on the go! Glad to see so many people being helped by them now. Hope you are doing well.
I'm good! Glad you're still finding them useful~ :kaojoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.
Yay! My new Doomsday machine..... er... "Heroic" machine is ready!
//pushes button :LZSexcite:
Uh oh what's that rumbling?!
// Game explodes :kaoback:
That's the fourth time this week! :kaolivid:
// Gets to work building next "Heroic" Machine. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwabwa