PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! It (almost) works. At least I have something to begin with and I'll do the plugin request.

That code changes the emerge messages like I want to so it's perfect but it also changes my in battle dialogues ^^'

Thanks anyway!

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeeey you have a slope move plugin ^^ I thought I tested out other stair movement plugins but none worked for pixel movement. Thank goodness I decided to go through your plugin list. I hope this one works for me. Will try it ^^

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Hyouryuu-Na: I think it will depend on how the pixel-move plugin is programmed, my slope move plugin just calls moveDiagonally when appropriate. If others haven't worked for you then I'm guessing mine won't either, but let me know if it does~ :kaothx:

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it doesn't work ;__; It's fine though. I evented it ^^ We have to sacrifice some useful plugins in exchange for pixel movement :")

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril Using YEP_BattleEngineCore here, do you know where to go about and change the message box to a battle log message?

It's about the preemptive and surprise battle messages. I had realized those two would be better off as battle log messages where I won't have a message box playing when this or that happens at the start of battle.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@RK DracoRoy: find the displayStartMessages method in my BattleMessages plugin [edit: or the core scripts or Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, depends what you're using] and replace the appropriate $gameMessage.add parts with BattleManager._logWindow.addText. :kaohi:

Edit: whoops, misread your question, thought you were asking about my BattleMessages plugin. The method is BattleManager.displayStartMessages, you may have one or more plugins that override that. I guess you figured it out though~ :kaoslp:

This thread is only really for questions or announcements about my plugins, I recommend asking elsewhere, e.g. the JavaScript/Plugin Support board, for general queries:

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril Is it alright to port the MZ On Use Effects to MV? I still like the customization options in there and I've been working on MV a lot recently.

Just realized that would mean the custom damage popup text may have to go in that case besides the Show 0 Damage feature, since MV uses a png file.

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@RK DracoRoy: oof, it's a lot of stuff to go over. The battle popup stuff would probably need revising, though I think custom text might be OK? (It'll use the standard font, though, rather than a popup-specific one.) MV handles windows differently so the subskill window code might have to be reworked. For an MV plugin I'd also personally prefer to reduce the ES6 syntax to ES5, to reduce problems in older versions of the editor. A big part of it would be to test all ported features to ensure they're working as intended. All told I'm not in the right mindset for that kind of coding at the moment. :kaoslp:

If you're asking for permission to port it: feel free! In that case, please change the plugin's Author field to something like Caethyril (ported by your_name_here). If you do make a port and it seems to work OK, let me know and I'll link it here, in its own section~ :kaothx:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril The thing about that is I'd be fine without custom text. I do prefer using a damage popup PNG file with this Octopath I have.

I'm on 1.6.2 but for sure, not everyone uses 1.6.0+ for reasons. It was a request if you could do it for MV and for others, ES5.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril Using the ConsumeEval plugin, even if the conditions weren't passed, they still make the "pass condition" sound effect, but not the buzzer sound effect if they fail.

It had me thinking the conditions weren't working when in fact, they do but they're not making a buzzer sfx.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@RK DracoRoy: note that ConsumeEval does not change whether the item can be used, it only changes whether the item is consumed, i.e. removed from the inventory, when it is used. What you're seeing is the default behaviour.

If you'd like to add a buzzer SE when the consume condition fails, you can try replacing this part of the plugin:
JavaScript:
	// Alias item consumption to insert extra check.
	_.Game_Party_consumeItem = Game_Party.prototype.consumeItem;	// Alias
	Game_Party.prototype.consumeItem = function(item) {		// Override
		let sEval = item.meta.ConsumeEval;			// Get notetag
		if (_.testEval(sEval, item)) {				// Test eval
			_.Game_Party_consumeItem.call(this, item);	// Callback if test passes
		}
	};
...with this:
JavaScript:
	// Alias item consumption to insert extra check.
	_.Game_Party_consumeItem = Game_Party.prototype.consumeItem;	// Alias
	Game_Party.prototype.consumeItem = function(item) {		// Override
		let sEval = item.meta.ConsumeEval;			// Get notetag
		if (_.testEval(sEval, item)) {				// Test eval
			_.Game_Party_consumeItem.call(this, item);	// Callback if test passes
		} else SoundManager.playBuzzer();   // play buzzer SE if test fails
	};

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril I had noticed something, the EssentialActors plugin doesn't seem to be triggering a game over. I had set the plugin parameter for Actor 1 and when the HP dropped to 0 in the map, it didn't work. This was done without any other plugins and I use 1.6.2.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@caethyril I had noticed something, the EssentialActors plugin doesn't seem to be triggering a game over. I had set the plugin parameter for Actor 1 and when the HP dropped to 0 in the map, it didn't work. This was done without any other plugins and I use 1.6.2.
Just downloaded the plugin and tested in a v1.6.3 project (core scripts are identical in 1.6.1, 1.6.2, and 1.6.3) with no other plugins using a Change HP event command: it works as expected for me, gameover when a marked actor is dead. Also seems OK via gainHp from the console. Looks like the map scene includes a gameover check every frame by default regardless, so it should be working. :kaoswt2:

Some things to check:
  1. Did you name the plugin file correctly: Cae_EssentialActors.js (case-sensitive)? If not, the plugin will not see its parameter, so it will not register any actors as essential.

2. Did you save your project after making changes in the Plugin Manager? If not, those changes will not be seen during test.

3. If you press F8 during test to show the console window, do you see any red text there? Syntax errors, for example, will cause the plugin to fail to load. It's possible your copy of the plugin is malformed in some way (it can happen sometimes); in that case you can try re-downloading.

4. Did you test in a new project? Maybe your project's core scripts (and/or other version-related files, e.g. js/libs or index.html) are causing problems.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril I found the reason. I'm using this plugin to bypass the Game Over scene, this plugin will restart to the last save point or the title screen. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/custom-game-over-behavior.55072/

Enabling it will disable your plugin from working when an essential actor dies.

Edit:
Also, a bit unrelated. But is the 1.6.3 version you're using from Steam? I don't use Steam but I can't find a full installer of 1.6.3 anywhere.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, a bit unrelated. But is the 1.6.3 version you're using from Steam? I don't use Steam but I can't find a full installer of 1.6.3 anywhere.
Sorry for the confusion! There was a 1.6.3 update (Steam announcement), but it doesn't seem to have made any difference at all to the English version of the editor or to the core scripts, both of which are still labelled as 1.6.2. :kaoslp:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm good anyways with the version I'm using. I can wait later on the possible fix on the thing.

The plugin I'm using won't show Game Over but it still takes you back to the title screen (unless no save is present). I thought the EssentialActors would follow the plugin's bypass Game Over transition like if every actor was defeated, like try that plugin and have everyone down to 0 HP, that's how the transition goes.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I thought the EssentialActors would follow the plugin's bypass Game Over transition like if every actor was defeated, like try that plugin and have everyone down to 0 HP, that's how the transition goes.
My plugin goes to the gameover scene when its conditions are met; McKathlin's replaces the entire method with custom logic; both plugins do so via the same method. For what you want, one or both of them would have to be rewritten. An alternative might be Himeworks Gameover Events:
Looks like this one intercepts the gameover on the original gameover scene, meaning it's much more likely to be compatible with other plugins. I haven't tested, but I imagine it'll work OK with EssentialActors.

Rukee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@caethyril Thank you for taking the time to provide patches and fixes to other plugins!

CaeF_DreamX_ChoiceHelpFix works wonderfully with Himi conditional choices. It would be nice if could you consider making a similar patch for Aloe_Conditional Choices, which is essentially the same as HIME_HiddenChoiceConditions but with the added support for Yanfly self switches and variables.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Rukee: I'll let you know if I do get around to adding compatibility for Aloe's plugin as well. I had a quick look at the code of my plugin and Aloe's and can't seem to figure it out right now. :kaoslp:

Note that Yanfly's Self Switches & Variables plugin offers a script call to get a self switch value, e.g.
JavaScript:
this.getSelfSwitchValue($gameMap.mapId(), this.eventId(), "F")
This says "is self switch F for this event on this map switched on?". You can then use this with one of the currently-compatible plugins:
  • In a Script command, e.g. with Hime's Hidden Choices (free):
    JavaScript:
    hide_choice(1, this.getSelfSwitchValue($gameMap.mapId(), this.eventId(), "F"));
    I.e. "hide choice 1 if self-switch F is on for this event".

• ...or as a Conditional Branch -> Script condition with the show/hide choice commands in its branches, e.g. with Yanfly's Extended Message Pack 1 (paid):
    Code:
    ◆If:Script:this.getSelfSwitchValue($gameMap.mapId(), this.eventId(), "F")
      ◆Plugin Command:HideChoice 1
      ◆
    :Else
      ◆Plugin Command:ShowChoice 1
      ◆
    :End
A similar approach applies with self-variables, e.g.
JavaScript:
this.getSelfVariableValue($gameMap.mapId(), this.eventId(), "sheep") >= 10
This says "is self variable sheep for this event on this map equal to 10 or more?".

Rukee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't thank you enough for all the efforts you put, please feel free to not take this request as it's not a priority. I just prefer aloes because Himi conditional choices doesn't work with her large choices plugin unlike Aloe's. As for the self switches script, it is gonna be needed for sure, thank you for taking the time to explain! :kaoblush:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!
Batch converting .mp3 to .ogg files is making my computer soooo slow!
When you spend hours working on an optional segment that players will only be in for 2 minutes in a single playthrough. That's the life right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuneyBug