Rukee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have tried it but the conditional plugin command breaks the last of the large choices. I will test it again, I might have missed something :kaoeh:

realz012

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
thx caethryll!:uhappy:
Cae_BattleStepY works good.

how to change position 4 party so they position more to right?
change home position Y is up and down
change home position X (96) change distance between character

mvnowrear.jpg

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
thx caethryll!:uhappy:
Cae_BattleStepY works good.

how to change position 4 party so they position more to right?
change home position Y is up and down
change home position X (96) change distance between character
I'm not sure what you're asking (maybe you solved it?). :kaoswt:

If you're using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core then I think you'll need to use its Home Position X/Y plugin parameters for the positions instead. :kaohi:

To move the whole party up, use a smaller value for Y, e.g.
JavaScript:
440 - 50
To move the whole party right, add a value to X, e.g.
JavaScript:
Graphics.boxWidth / 2 + 96 * (index + 0.5 - $gameParty.battleMembers().length / 2) + 50
To give each party member a unique X position, try a formula like this instead:
JavaScript:
[200, 300, 400, 600][index]
This should return X = 200 for the leader, 300 for follower 1, 400 for follower 2, and 600 for follower 3.

realz012

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
I'm not sure what you're asking (maybe you solved it?). :kaoswt:

If you're using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core then I think you'll need to use its Home Position X/Y plugin parameters for the positions instead. :kaohi:

To move the whole party up, use a smaller value for Y, e.g.
JavaScript:
440 - 50
To move the whole party right, add a value to X, e.g.
JavaScript:
Graphics.boxWidth / 2 + 96 * (index + 0.5 - $gameParty.battleMembers().length / 2) + 50
To give each party member a unique X position, try a formula like this instead:
JavaScript:
[200, 300, 400, 600][index]
This should return X = 200 for the leader, 300 for follower 1, 400 for follower 2, and 600 for follower 3.
i change parameter from Cae_BattleStepY, it works. i put your plugins below Yanfly Battle Engine Core.

i changed to this value
JavaScript:
Graphics.boxWidth / 2 + 96 * (index + 2 - $gameParty.battleMembers().length / 2) + 50

i try and i get what position i want.
main character on center and another char position go next right to him.
try to mimic combat rear-view golden sun.

thx :ptea:

good position.jpg

---
golden sun combat view

saturoscmbt.jpg

latest position ^^

rearview4.jpg

Last edited:

raffle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love you, your slopemove is so simple and effective :kaojoy:

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I am using your BattleStepY plugin, and was able to position the playable critter exactly where I wanted her by editing the default X and default Y anchor settings in the YEP_BattleEngineCore plugin, as pictured below (I am refering to the critter sitting atop the menu ^-^) :

XbEDu09.png

So, I wanted to ask if there is a way to make the critter disappear when attacking, casting magic, etc? Hm... Kind of like how it works in Phantasy Star 4 (never played the others)? So I can make animations including the critter's sprite.

Also, this is less important at the moment, but the animations of attacks coming from enemies target the HUD (which can be seen at the bottom of the monitor thingy in the screenshot), which makes sense since front view battles usually don't have sideview sprites, but it looks odd nonetheless. If there is no solution, that is okay, I can roll with it.

I was going for a side view perspective instead, having the critter positioned in the actual level the player was currently exploring, but positioning her precisely in different X and Y coordinates in every single different fight is proving to be way, way more troublesome than it could ever possibly be rewarding.

Thank you and I am sorry to bother!

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I wanted to ask if there is a way to make the critter disappear when attacking, casting magic, etc?
As I mentioned:
This is a separate request. Cae_BattleStepY simply repositions battlers and changes move directions. :kaoslp:

I think Yanfly's Action Sequences can affect battler opacity/visibility, so that may be a solution:
Otherwise you can start a new thread to request a plugin with the appropriate features, that is compatible with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core~
I have other things to occupy me at the moment. If you can't achieve what you want using action sequences, then I recommend posting a new plugin request thread:

Also, this is less important at the moment, but the animations of attacks coming from enemies target the HUD (which can be seen at the bottom of the monitor thingy in the screenshot), which makes sense since front view battles usually don't have sideview sprites, but it looks odd nonetheless.
My plugin was designed for the default side-view battle system: it does not change animation targets at all. I think YEP_BattleStatusWindow has an option to play animations on the status window when in front-view mode. Check your plugin settings. :kaohi:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@caethyril

Hello Cae! I'm trying to use your patch about Footstep Sound Timing. But i can't understand why i can't set the right timing. I mean, it's just like the script doesn't respect the frame that i'm asking.

I only hear 3 types of variation. The first (from 0 to 16) is inalterated. From 17 to 30 is another variation. It's not a variation, it's just like a "type" of movement. It's always the same.

For example i'm trying to figure out the best timing and of course is from first type of repetition repetition (0-16) to the second (17 to x).

I just can't reach the half of it because or it's the first timing, or it's the second. No variation...

Here a fast project with the sound. Can you give to me a feedback?

[Edit: link removed]

Also, i want to ask you:

1) If i use Gradient Wipe script (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...wipe-old-rm-transition-effect-and-more.90287/) this patch doesn't work :( It starts only the first step.
2) Is it possible to create a timing even for the run?
3) Is it possible to add a variation of the pitch, randomly, for every step? In that case we can have a sound that is always slightly different and not the exact same sound that keeps repeating itself.

Let me know!
Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
CaeX_FootstepTime is very simple, it just adds one fixed value to YEP_FootstepSounds: the minimum time between consecutive footstep sounds, per character.

I only hear 3 types of variation.
I'm not sure what you mean...I don't think YEP_FootstepSounds has volume/pitch variation settings, unless you set them up as separate sounds using the tileset notetags? :kaoswt:

Here a fast project with the sound. Can you give to me a feedback?
I could not see any problems with this demo. The footstep sounds seem to play OK, and changing the value in my plugin from 30 to 60 seems to double the minimum time between footstep sounds.

Note that YEP_FootstepSounds is now a paid plugin. I think your demo link might break Yanfly's terms of use? Specifically:
Redistribution of the plugins and its code, outside the scope of game projects, is strictly forbidden outside of the host website, Yanfly.moe, and by the following sites/members...

...what is considered "the scope of game projects", this means anything that is made with the intention of it being played by players for all sorts. If it is a "game template" made only for RPG Maker users to learn from, that does NOT qualify as a game project, and the plugins from the Yanfly Engine Plugins library cannot be redistributed as a result of that.
I removed the link from your post to be on the safe side. I already have a copy of YEP_FootstepSounds v1.01, so no worries there. :kaohi:

1) If i use Gradient Wipe script (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...wipe-old-rm-transition-effect-and-more.90287/) this patch doesn't work :( It starts only the first step.
2) Is it possible to create a timing even for the run?
3) Is it possible to add a variation of the pitch, randomly, for every step? In that case we can have a sound that is always slightly different and not the exact same sound that keeps repeating itself.
  1. I just tested and it seems to work OK for me:
    • Wipe transitions work (after setting it up correctly),
    • Yanfly's footstep sounds happen correctly,
    • My extension applies correctly.
  2. It is possible. CaeX_FootstepTime does not handle that, though.
  3. It is possible. CaeX_FootstepTime does not handle that, though.
You may want to investigate a different footstep plugin, e.g. I found this with a quick search:
...or you could make a plugin request, e.g. here:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure what you mean...I don't think YEP_FootstepSounds has volume/pitch variation settings, unless you set them up as separate sounds using the tileset notetags?

I'm not talking about volume/pitch variation, but the TIMING variation. Do you understand? I don't know if it's cause the legth of the audio itself. Now i've this doubt.... I repeat the example. If you try to set the timing from 0 to 16 seconds, the repetition of the sound is always the same.
Then, from 17 to 30, the repetition of the sound CHANGE, but in this range is ALWAYS the same. It doesn't matter if i set 20, or 24. I can't hear differences... and so go on. Do you understand now what i mean? Try yourself.

changing the value in my plugin from 30 to 60 seems to double the minimum time between footstep sounds.

Yes, i'm not saying that the plugin doesn't work, i mean that i don't understand why i can't work with little frames and have a specific timing effect and it's seems that it work by "range" Try with the values that i said.

Note that YEP_FootstepSounds is now a paid plugin. I think your demo link might break Yanfly's terms of use?

Damn you, you're right. I didn't think about it. T_T Thank you!!!

1. I just tested and it seems to work OK for me:
    • Wipe transitions work (after setting it up correctly),
    • Yanfly's footstep sounds happen correctly,
    • My extension applies correctly.
  2. It is possible. CaeX_FootstepTime does not handle that, though.
  3. It is possible. CaeX_FootstepTime does not handle that, though.

1) If i use Gradient Wipe, the sound work only for the first step, and then... zero :/ Maybe there is even another plugin that interact with this. but if i set off Gradient Wipe plugin, the plugin works well.
Very Strange. That's why I pointed him out as guilty.
I will try to turn off all and repeat a better search.

2&3) I know, but would you be able to add these functions? Would that be a problem for you?

You may want to investigate a different footstep plugin, e.g. I found this with a quick search:

I searched. But those are very old plugins and have lots of problems. Unfortunately.

Thank you in advice.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not talking about volume/pitch variation, but the TIMING variation. Do you understand? I don't know if it's cause the legth of the audio itself. Now i've this doubt.... I repeat the example. If you try to set the timing from 0 to 16 seconds, the repetition of the sound is always the same.
Then, from 17 to 30, the repetition of the sound CHANGE, but in this range is ALWAYS the same. It doesn't matter if i set 20, or 24. I can't hear differences... and so go on. Do you understand now what i mean? Try yourself.
YEP_FootstepSounds plays the footstep sound once per step. CaeX_FootstepTime only lets that sound play if it has been at least X frames since the last one played, where X is the plugin parameter value. It was originally designed for use with a pixel-movement plugin.

It takes a certain time for a character to travel 1 step (i.e. 1 tile). E.g. at speed 4 (default player walk speed) it takes 16 frames/tile. I think this is what you're seeing. More details:
Frames per tile is equal to 2 to the power of (8 - moveSpeed):
JavaScript:
Game_CharacterBase.prototype.distancePerFrame = function() {
    return Math.pow(2, this.realMoveSpeed()) / 256;
};
So:
  • Speed 3 = 32 frames per tile
  • Speed 4 = 16 frames per tile (default player walk speed)
  • Speed 5 = 8 frames per tile (default player dash speed)
:kaothx:

Edit: also, a diagonal move takes exactly as long to complete as an orthogonal one:
JavaScript:
Game_CharacterBase.prototype.updateMove = function() {
    if (this._x < this._realX) {
        this._realX = Math.max(this._realX - this.distancePerFrame(), this._x);
    }
    if (this._x > this._realX) {
        this._realX = Math.min(this._realX + this.distancePerFrame(), this._x);
    }
    if (this._y < this._realY) {
        this._realY = Math.max(this._realY - this.distancePerFrame(), this._y);
    }
    if (this._y > this._realY) {
        this._realY = Math.min(this._realY + this.distancePerFrame(), this._y);
    }
    if (!this.isMoving()) {
        this.refreshBushDepth();
    }
};

2&3) I know, but would you be able to add these functions? Would that be a problem for you?
I'm currently focused on my MZ plugins and the script call reference. However...
My plugin is designed to prevent footstep sounds from overlapping; I don't see the benefit of adding variance to the timing. If you want to edit it in yourself, you can find this line:
JavaScript:
_.reset = function(char) { char[PROP_TIME] = _.time; };
...and change it to something like this:
JavaScript:
_.reset = function(char) {
  char[PROP_TIME] = _.time * (1 + (0.5 - Math.random()));
};
I.e. multiply the footstep sound wait time by a random number between 0.5 (50%) and 1.5 (150%). (Math.random() returns a random number in the range [0, 1).) If you also want to adjust it based on move speed, you could add a multiplier for that, e.g.
JavaScript:
_.reset = function(char) {
  char[PROP_TIME] = _.time * (1 + (0.5 - Math.random()))
                           * Math.pow(2, 4 - char.realMoveSpeed());
};
I.e. random variance and multiply the time by 2 to the power of (4 - move speed). At speed 3, this is 2; at speed 4 it is 1; at speed 5 it is 0.5; etc.
Pitch etc is beyond the scope of my little extension plugin, but you can add a similar edit for that. Find this part:
JavaScript:
		_.Game_CharacterBase_playFootstepSound.apply(this, arguments);
...and change it to something like this:
JavaScript:
		pitch *= 1 + (0.25 - 0.5 * Math.random());
		_.Game_CharacterBase_playFootstepSound.call(this, volume, pitch, pan);
I.e. multiply pitch by a random factor (0.75 to 1.25) then play the sound through Yanfly's plugin. You can apply a similar approach here for volume and/or pan if you like.

Note that RPG Maker applies a very simple pitch adjustment which results in reduced sound duration.
I haven't tested these edits but I think they ought to work. :kaophew:

Implementing different variances for different terrains etc would be a lot more work; in that case, consider posting in JS Plugin Requests. If you do, then feel free to link this post and/or my plugin as a reference~

Cuprite

Previously Golden
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So, I've noticed a problem with the Message Display Options plugin. Specifically the instant windows feature.
You know how pressing one of the confirm keys while text is drawing forces the game to instantly draw the text, right? Well, even on an otherwise blank project, if the message window has choices attached to it, it activates the first choice instantly instead of force-drawing the text. This doesn't happen with normal text boxes. I don't want the player to instinctively press the button to force-draw text and suddenly have to commit to a decision they didn't even see. It's just really weird and I can't fathom what about changing the animations would cause that. Figured it'd be a good idea to ask about this directly just in case.
(This also happened with the isolated instant window code, so it's not cause of something else in the MDO plugin)

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Cuprite: ah, thanks for letting me know! I just uploaded v1.2 of Cae_MenuDisplayOpts with a fix for this. Enable the plugin's new Release OK Before Choice parameter in the Plugin Manager.
JavaScript:
// Instant open safeguards for skipped messages
(function() {
'use strict';

const w = ['ChoiceList', 'NumberInput', 'EventItem'];
    const p = '_shouldReleaseOkFirst';
    const f = Input.isPressed.bind(Input, 'ok');

// Disable OK if apt
    (function(m) {
        w.forEach(function(c) {
            (function(alias) {
                window['Window_' + c].prototype[m] = function() {
                    if (this[p])
                        if (!f()) delete this[p];
                        else return false;
                    return alias.apply(this, arguments);
                };
            })(window['Window_' + c].prototype[m]);
        });
    })('isOkEnabled');

// Set flag if OK is pressed when the window starts
    (function(m) {
        w.forEach(function(c) {
            (function(alias) {
                    if (f()) this[p] = true;
                    alias.apply(this, arguments);
                };
        });
    })('start');

})();
Explanation: selectable windows (including the choice window) only respond when they are active AND open. Without plugins, if you press the OK button to skip the message and then keep holding until the choice window is open, it will select that choice. You were seeing the same thing here, except with no delay between "skip message" and "choice window accepts input". :kaoswt:

Cuprite

Previously Golden
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Cuprite: ah, thanks for letting me know! I just uploaded v1.2 of Cae_MenuDisplayOpts with a fix for this. Enable the plugin's new Release OK Before Choice parameter in the Plugin Manager.
JavaScript:
// Instant open safeguards for skipped messages
(function() {
'use strict';

const w = ['ChoiceList', 'NumberInput', 'EventItem'];
    const p = '_shouldReleaseOkFirst';
    const f = Input.isPressed.bind(Input, 'ok');

// Disable OK if apt
    (function(m) {
        w.forEach(function(c) {
            (function(alias) {
                    if (this[p])
                        if (!f()) delete this[p];
                        else return false;
                    return alias.apply(this, arguments);
                };
        });
    })('isOkEnabled');

// Set flag if OK is pressed when the window starts
    (function(m) {
        w.forEach(function(c) {
            (function(alias) {
                    if (f()) this[p] = true;
                    alias.apply(this, arguments);
                };
        });
    })('start');

})();
Explanation: selectable windows (including the choice window) only respond when they are active AND open. Without plugins, if you press the OK button to skip the message and then keep holding until the choice window is open, it will select that choice. You were seeing the same thing here, except with no delay between "skip message" and "choice window accepts input". :kaoswt:
Ah, I think I understand. Also, I only just now noticed this reply. Lol.
Thank you so much for this! It'll definitely be useful, certainly not just for me.
I also used your Inventory Open plugin since I have a few items that run common events.
Lots of useful plugins, I love 'em! :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:
All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
POLk7