Caitlin's Graphical World

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm, I don't know, but I uploaded it to my DA account.  ^_^ So, you shouldn't have any trouble with it now.

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I decided to play around with the rpg maker mv size by redoing one of my old graphics into MV sized graphics.  I think GrannyDeb should love this one.  It is made using rpg maker vx/vx ace textures, which you can use in vx/vx ace by means of parallax mapping or if you buy rpg maker mv, plus own rpg maker vx or vx ace, you can use it there, too.  I love how well the bigger tile looks honestly. It even looks better honestly!  ^_-

Update: I, now, have three sizes for you to chose between from 96, 64, and 48, but not 32, I couldn't get that to work.  It's just too small, sorry. I am considering release the parts so you can chose your own color scheme, though. If this is something that interests you, please PM me or respond to this topic.  I won't upload it if no one has any use for the parts.  ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had a run of 'lack of inspirationistis', got really into playing my new Christmas games (Fallout 3 & 4), and took some time to get into drawing with my other Christmas gift.  I found some inspiration and created a castle graphic from a castle that I saw in the news from the UK.  You can use this as a window or along the edges walls as decoration.  It's meant to be the interior version, but I might create the other side if people really wanted it.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/88d2/f/2016/050/e/5/castle_graphic_by_nicnubill-d9sd6y7.png

Note: I used to be able to put pictures up, using the link from deviant art, but can't figure out how to do that now.

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are awesome! I'm gonna have to find space for some of these! :D

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am back doing graphics, practicing a new style of graphics (pixel art) and it's something that I really hope to share with everyone.  I am not quite there, yet, but I am getting better and studying how other people do their pixel art to get a better idea of how to do it.  I am going to show you what I have so far.  I hope to get much better as time passes and hopefully be able to put out a graphical pack of my own one day.  The floor has been changed since then.

Pixel_artwork.PNG

Melimeli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
This is really great! Thanks for your hardwork!

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:D While searching for something for the Enterbrain Scifi addition tiles, so I could use the color palette from the electric devices (the green color) I discovered that I had a tile that I never shared with anyone.  You see I love Korean Drama and noticed that there weren't many resources from Korea or even inspired by Korea.  I found a pattern and created these doors, only know sharing them for the first time.  Because these are completely original, you are free to use these in VX, ACE, XP, MV (just let me know and I might make a MV version, too) or 2000/2003 if they work properly.  Although, I wouldn't ask ME to make a 2000/2003, because no matter how hard I try can't create 2000/2003 graphics. 

Korean_style_doors.png

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I know that in the terms you said that this is Only for VX Ace... but I'm going to ask anyway... Sorry, but can I use some of the tilesets for MV?

I really love your tilesets, I was using Ace awhile back and I used these tilesets, but now I recently switched to MV, and I just found out that the tilesets that I used (your tilesets) in my maps is for VX Ace Only. :(

Of course, if this is Truly only for VX Ace games, I will remove the tilesets that I used in my game.

Either way, thanks for the beautiful art!

Ally

Linked Rooms Games Founder - Fleshforward
Reaction score
First Language
Italy
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Good topic and fantastic resources!

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mikleo I am sorry that I didn't respond to you, as my family was in the process of moving and I couldn't think of anything else.  I did answer your question (PM), but for anyone else, who asks.  If you like these graphics, legally, you have to own RPG Maker VX Ace to use them (Commercially), but if you are just putting a free game, I am not going to police the internet to make sure.  (^_^) But honestly, if you want to, they are having steam sells from time to time, so you might be able to pick it up cheap.

@Ally Thank you!  I am hoping to do some more science fiction tiles, my favorite genres.

Okay, now, for the great stuff.  My family moved and suddenly, I found some inspiration from Pet City, who took some inspiration from Sleeping Beauty.  I created some RPG Maker edits that can only be used in RPG maker VX Ace, but if you own Ace, you are free to use in any maker.  I mainly took inspiration only, so no fears, mine looks completely different with only similar colors used.  I learned my lesson about taking TOO much inspiration from a source. These tiles can be used in engine, but it will not tile above two tiles, but if you want to use these higher than two tiles, parallax mapping is your best option.  Castle_royal.png

If you wish to see these as an example, I created a map...

Royal_castle.PNG

EDIT:  I cannot use this, but I couldn't help myself... o_o I can not even test this tile out.  It's for MV only, an edit that is the same idea only a tad bit different... if anyone wants to testy this out and let me know how it tiles.  I bet it only tiles two tiles high like in VX ACE...

Royal_Castle_MV.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretzelbox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These look awesome! Thank you so much for sharing these with us! If you don't mind me asking, what program do you use for pixelling? 

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pretzelbox I use gimp for my art, because it's free and is easy to use, plus, I can't beat free.

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Going to use those palm trees in a commercial project, I think.  Where should credit go (Caitlin or Nicbull) ?

Also, do you have a paypal/donate location?

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The palm trees are purely FSM (first seed material), so credit them for the trees.  All I did was to arrange them in different ways.

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry to badger, does that mean they are or are not eligible for commercial use? And absolutely will credit them, I'm just not particularly familiar with them.

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was debating about saying anything about them, but I figured that if you hadn't heard of them... you'd ask.  Yes, FSM (First Seed Material) or Mack and Blue as they were called by people outside of Asia is allowed to be used in free or commercial games.  Heck, you can use them in engines other than RPG Maker.  They are not around anymore, as they took down their website and are really missed at this time.

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! Thank you so much. Can't wait to see their other work.

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!  I haven't forgotten about my VX ace topic and I still plan on creating tiles for this when I have a chance.  I created a catacombs tiles awhile back and decided that I could do better.  I was playing around with it, but nothing came of it.  I took my time and planned out how I want it to look like.  I kept adding element after element until I finally had it the way that I wanted it to.  I am really happy with the results. I have all the part in there, if you want to create your own caskets and such.  I might make a sideways version, but for now, I am happy.  This is an RTP edit, so per the license, you may only use this if you own VX, or VX Ace and only in RPG Maker.  (Not that is a problem, since this forum only serves RPG Maker).  :guffaw:

New_Caskets.png

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Definitely using those! WOW!

Caitlin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I've been rather busy making graphics for my game, working hard on writing my game, but it came to my attention that I didn't want everything so... straight from the beds, the boxes... I swear everything is facing the same direction.  It upsets me, so I did something about it.  You can thank me now, or you can thank me later.  You can use these in the editor or parallax map, how ever you chose to do you map.  But what do you think?  Cool, huh?  (^o^)/

Port_Area.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to use a simple animation for a feature of Aletoirs Feast so now I'm touching for the first time the animation system of RM, hope the final result doesn't look too bad hahaha :kaoswt2:

How much n would you tolerate having the screen and the options shake/mock for every wrong answer you give in a hypothetical game?
I have officially released JABS 2.00.

Do people think there would be value in releasing the non-JABS plugins as separate posts/threads here on this forum?

Additionally, I just would like to drum up excitement/anticipation/hype that I plan on spinning up the following:
- A custom crafting system that grants is modeled after the star ocean franchise.
- A custom menu system to go along with JABS on-the-map.
If a developer focuses too much on describing the game mechanics in the official trailer for their RPG, I'm going to wonder whether their writing is so bad that it doesn't deserve center stage for their game. This seems to be a pitfall for the marketing on a lot of games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuzukanten