Caitlin's Graphical World

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by Caitlin, Jul 4, 2014.

1. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow. Those are really cool! It always amazes me what people that can draw can make.  :stare:  (starts silently wishing I could draw)

2. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @TriceratopsX I am not the best artist, but I always practice, practice and even more practice. o_o I used to have trouble editing, got good at that, had trouble creating my own original graphics and each time, I hit another goal.  It's all about lighting and shading.

@Dymdez I just realized that you asked about paypal or donation ... Yes, I do have paypal, so if you do wish to donate something.  It is Caitlinnicnubill (at) gmail (dot) com. 

@everyone.  On another note, since I have to create or use people's graphics that allow commercial use, I was forced to drop ALL of Celianna's graphics that are for free only, or purchase a license.  I really liked a graphic and was forced to create something like it.  I think you will appreciate this very much, because it's an edit of the VX ACE RTP, you know the world map hole autotile.. I turned it into something that can expand your forest, cities and other sort of maps...  It was Sooo hard to figure out how to do the other way from the original graphic and then, to do the corner pieces.  A pain in the butt...Pictures worth a thousand words.

RTP_edit_nature.png

Dymdez likes this.
  3. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sent :p thanks for the great work!

4. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your welcome!  (^_^) I hope everyone makes great games, help each other to be better than ever.  Off to bed, so I can get up and work on that water wheel I am trying to do.  I need to expand into animated items, more than I have. 

Dymdez likes this.
  5. NightHerald

NightHerald little demon child Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These are amazing! Thank you for sharing all of them, it's obvious a lot of hard work went into making these.

Caitlin likes this.
  6. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a brand new tile, one that I was making for my game, only... I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.  Not wishing any tile to go to waste, you can edit this puppy or use as is.  As usual, the terms of service for RTP edits is the rule of the day.  Free for commercial or to use in free games and you must own RPG Maker VX Ace, but are free to use it in any maker if you do.  By the way, I've gotten a patreon page and I am going to post it, in hopes that people decides to become my patreon.  I am hoping to continue to give away graphics, because I feel that someone has to do this, or else, people will get frustrated and quit.  I love games and I want to support people in their attempts to make games.

Tile:  RTP_edit_tile.png

Patreon (See first page)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
    Dymdez likes this.
  7. Dymdez

Dymdez Newbie-in-Chief Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looks fantastic! This is an edit of an existing tile right? So it can be combined (read: placed next to) seamlessly? 

Thank you!

8. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's an edit, my design and it tiles seamlessly.  It is 64 x 64, so double the normal RPG Maker tile. 

Dymdez likes this.
  9. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know this is a 'double post', but the rules say that if I have an update, I can post again.  I hope I am reading that correctly, if not, please don't hurt me MODS.  My update is a new graphic, okay, I was making a fireplace... I <3 the way it look and created an open engine version to share.  It looks just as wonderful as the other one.  ^_^ Open engine means you can use it in any maker, from XP to MV... I suppose if you could get it to work, which I have NO CLUE if it's possible RPG Maker 2000/2003 I suppose.

Fire_place_fancy.png

Dymdez likes this.
  10. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I recently purchased POP!  Horror graphics and decided to create some original pieces for it.  I am going to see if I can create school tiles in the vein of 'Corpse Party' and Miaso, so that people can create school horror.  I am, also, going to do graphics with Dead Space or space horror in the future.  (^_^) I am only releasing this tile, because I know that it's not an edit as it is a recreation of one of my earlier tiles.  I do have some other graphics, but I am going to run some graphics by to ensure that nothing that is considered an edit is released.  I, of course, am not touching anything from POP when I am creating graphics.  All I did was to study the style to ensure mine will go with it. 

POP_HORROR_Japanese_School_door.png

11. DTracy3

DTracy3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Luxembourgish
    @Caitlin I really love the Egyptian Gate and palm stuff, if I wanna use it in a game, should I give Credit to you only or someone else too?

12. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DTracy3 The trees are from FSM, so you should credit them and the gate is an RTP edit, so you should, also, credit them, too.

13. DTracy3

DTracy3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Luxembourgish
    Ok, will make sure to surely credit them for that nice work^^

14. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was looking at screenshots and realized that the one thing that was missing from RPG maker VX Ace had to be... dolls.  They put in dolls for MV, but none for VX or VX Ace. In the meantime, I decided that some creepy dolls would be great for horror games, too.  I have the follow dolls, no face dolls, normal doll, no eyes dolls and skull doll.  I created the dolls with graphics from the following source:  bow (FSM), character (generator) and eye design (based on MV dolls). 

Creepy_Dolls.png

15. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Poll question:  I am going to be redoing interior graphics, but I can't do them all, so I am going to redo/reboot limited number of interior/maybe some exterior graphics for the holidays; along with a new graphic or two. So the two questions, I have to ask is 1) What graphic would you love for me to do for Christmas/Thanksgiving gift (Interior graphic)? 2) What one interior graphic (I may consider some exterior graphics, too) would you love for me to reboot/redo?

If I do these graphics, they will be done in an free from RPG Maker graphic, with not a single bit of rtp in the mix and will be released for both MV, VX or whatever RPG Maker format you desire.  Thank you and come again. 

16. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am remaking my Victorian tiles with new walls, floors and such, but I am going to take my time in doing so.  This is the first part, with striped walls and a stone floor, with windows and a heater. (^__^) I am going to be creating new walls, but I thought I'd start with this, because of Christmas. Feel to remix the tiles as wanted, needed or desired. (Note:  The walls are an recolor of the RTP wall found in RPG Maker VX ACE, so you will need to own RPG Maker VX ACE in order to use those walls in other makers, while everything else is open engine with exception of the wood frame window.)

Victorian_remake_A.png

waynee95 likes this.
  17. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pop Horror -- original (pool table).  Please feel free to edit. I am not completely happy with the legs and the edge, but I might edit it a bit in the future.

Pool_table.png

18. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've decided to revisit a concept that I used before with a title screen, only to make it a lot better than I had before.  It's a duel nature screen with day and night parts.  It's RTP edit, so feel free to add, use commercially or in a free game.. The typical whatever floats your boat. To be honest, I am in the process of practicing with backgrounds, as I am in the middle of creating my own book cover for a book that I am writing.  I am going to self publish and I need to make it the best that I possible can.  So please give me feed back, opinions about what you like or think could be done better.  Thank you very much.

WIP_Dream_title.png

19. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've removed the patreon link as it is in conflict with our no advertising rule.  You can review the rules here. Thank you.

20. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was rather upset at the stupidity that's been going around my country, at the moment and wanted to get my mind off of it. I was thinking about banging my head against the wall until I was happy, but I decided that making a graphic would likely make me feel better than the wall. I was rather jealous about MV having an awesome gate, while VX/VX Ace had a rather plain gray door that had very little to the imagination.

It can be used in ruins, towers, modern settings, whatever, but mostly, I've been playing Skyrim lately, so I have been thinking of that. Let me explain how to use it, as you notice the two parts are character sets, only the bottom parts are meant to be used in a tile set. If you would like to donate anything, just PM me and I'll give you my pay pal, otherwise, enjoy! License is as usual, free to use in commercial or free games, as long as you own RPG Maker VX or VX ACE and if you do, feel free to use it in any engine.

Oh, please note that this is NOT in the proper format and if you need it in the proper format, I suggest either, photoshop (paid) or Gimp (free). You are free to edit the colors, change, add or whatever, but please do not give it away. You can link to this topic... and yes, I am aware that I should update my first post. I am going to do that, right now, as a matter of fact. If you have suggestions about anything that you need, just make them and I will see if it is possible. I am still in the middle of learning and I think that I can always improve.
    Dragon_Gate.png