Caitlin's MV World

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Caitlin, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: I am in the midst of creating my game, which I do not like using the same characters over and over again. I kept searching for children characters, only to find more references to the generator than to children characters. Those that did have children characters said that they were for non commercial use only. ( =>.<= ) I knew what I had to do... ( =^_^= )~ I figured that everyone else could use some remixes, unique children sets, too and for any use, too. Enjoy! Because I have a feeling that I am going to be editing lots and lots of children sets over the next few days. If you have any suggestion for children characters, you know the other RTP characters you'd like to see (within reason, actually...) I might do it.

2. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (=^o^=) I have been rather busy with my game, but I have been looking through the request section. I noticed that someone wanted a larger dumpster, with animated flies. *couldn't do the flies, which is why I placed it in my topic as it didn't fit his or her request* I realized that the dumpster was rather lack luster and decided to create a larger version with a bit more character. =^_^= Terms of use as usual!
    [​IMG]

Lord Nanfoodle and Alastor01 like this.
  3. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (=^_^=) Brand new graphic ... .. The morgue! It's not in tiles format, so you'll have to do it yourself, and you chose whatever type of wall behind it and even how it looks so it is a bit "Do it yourself". With nice and dented versions, even an open door version.

[​IMG]

4. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, this time around I am going to do things a bit differently than my last graphics topic. I am going to release them in THEMES, MODERN, SCIENCE FICTION, HORROR, and general. Within each of those sections are going to be the typical, Charactersets, tile sets, and etc, if it fits. I do have an update and I am still working on my French country tiles I had a major meltdown, because of my game likely being disqualified. Well, I often work on graphics to make me feel better and suddenly, I had a desire to work on something science fiction. Think something like Star Trek, automatic doors! (=^_^=)/

Light and dark versions: Oh, not in character set format, so you will have to do that. I suggest GIMP with a TEMPLATE, but if you are having trouble... Just say something and I'll put them into character set format. The two version without a floor are empty for you to place your OWN floor tiles there. Credit: The K company and of course, ME, Caitlin Nicnubill, cait or Nicnubill whatever!

Example:
    [​IMG]

5. MMMm

MMMm Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hope your game isn't disqualified.

6. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, it's okay if it is, because I uploaded the wrong version. I am not happy about it, but if it isn't, then I'll be happy. I wasn't sure I was going to win anyway, but I thought I'd give it a shot. At any rate, it's good learning experience. Oh, on a positive note, I have an updated screenshot of my French Country graphics that I've been working on. (=^.^=)~ NOTE: I do still have to do a bit of editing on the clock as I am NOT completely happy with it.

Map009.png

7. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: If you are curious about where to find something, a graphic that might fit into two categories will be placed in "GENERAL tiles or characters".. For example, my recently released French Country tiles could fit into Fantasy, Modern, but since I could put in both, I placed in general. (^_^) Ah, next up, is my "GOTHIC" version, only this time, I am NOT going to make them mere recolors of each other and going to be creating more original Gothic pieces. Who knows I might try to add a Tim Burton flair if I can.. (=o.o=) Now, that would be a Sarah tribute if I ever heard one. =^_^=

8. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: I have a completely ENGINE FREE graphic, but it is set up for RPG Maker MV in size and spacing... A science fiction save spot based on the one I created before.

[​IMG]

9. eluukkanen

eluukkanen Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Not bad... These tiles are pretty useful, especially rope wall and save point

10. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! Okay, now, for an update, I have new tiles for you today that can be used for modern ruins and since it falls under two categories, it is in the general section. In case, you want to see it now, here it is. I will admit that I was blown away by my improvement, even after taking a break, it seems that my skills have really improved. (=^_^=) I am hoping to figure out what other of my old tiles that I can bring over, as I am not redoing them all, only the ones that I feel are really important.

Did I miss something in this set that you feel I should add, go ahead and let me know. I will add it. Oh, there are inside (dark and light versions) and outside windows..

[​IMG]

11. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh man, those are cool. Got me wanting to see a good post-apocalyptic RM game now, lol.

12. dbchest

dbchest Beast Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh, caitlin. <3.

13. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (=^_^=) Thanks! Back in the day I would want to create a certain type of game and always seemed to have trouble locating the right graphics for those games. I kind of sucked at editing graphics or was too hard to figure out. Now, I hope to add more of my graphics from my VX Ace topic, so if you have a favorite that you just want to see remade: ASK!

To do list:
    Finish up the Gothic version of my French country tiles, only with Tim Burton style furniture instead of what I had (I have to do research for that, actually). It's going to be in honor of my sister, Sarah. Who loves Tim Burton movies AND purple!

UPDATE: Another character set, this time a secret passageway for your horror, modern, fantasy or whatever...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  14. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE: A fireplace secret passage in general has now been added. (=^_^=) Note: I am going to be doing tiles today to give away tomorrow as a gift on my birthday. Yup, I am going to be giving you a gift... But for those who want to see what my fire place graphic looks like: with and without logs in it.

[​IMG]

15. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another update: This time, a burning barrel in general character sets. Now, I had meant to have a massive graphic update as I was going to spend time messing around with pixels and debating on creating a police station graphics or hospital tiles, then my origin account got hacked. I spent the morning dealing with THAT instead. Well, since I am going to be releasing them on Friday, I'll let you chose what I make. Would you rather 'hospital tiles' which will include down version and ruined version as possible or a police station with down versions.

It is my intention of releasing as many 'horror', 'survival horror' or modern graphics as possible to give people more of an option when making a game. (=o.o=) Oh, I am working on creating 'sewer' type graphics, and I am going to release those on Friday, too. A nice brick pattern than the one that they used in the sample maps. Have a great thanksgiving or for those who don't practice, find something great in your life and be grateful for it! I'll be honest, Thanksgiving is more of a harvest festival than anything.
    [​IMG]

16. Oliin

Oliin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As someone who largely seems to spend their time developing games that use a modern(ish) setting, thank you.

Also, you've likely already worked on them, but honestly both hospitals and police stations are pretty standard locations for a modern game. The project I'm currently planning would have more use for hospital resources but both are pretty needed.

Caitlin and starlight dream like this.
  17. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Caitlin your new additions are FANTASTIC!! I love all your tiles so much.:kaoluv:
    Thank you! xoxo

Caitlin and MMMm like this.
  18. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! I am happy that I am getting better all the time and keep raising the bar. =^.^= Plus, really happy that I am able to help people out with quality edits/original pieces, so they don't have to beg for them! I have the firm belief that we should help each other out from games to economic situations! Still need to finish hospital, and my gothic Tim Burton inspired furniture. Hopefully by Christmas time I will have those finished so I can release them.

MMMm and starlight dream like this.
  19. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I agree with that too, helping each other is constructive for everyone and it makes this place a great community. But I like compensating the creators whenever possible too. :) You are definitively improving, and your tiles are of a high quality. Cheers and I'm looking forward to your future creations, whenever you can share them ^.^

MMMm likes this.
  20. Caitlin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :LZSproud: Well, I am trying to create a divider between chapters for my book and sadly, I thought it made a pretty good tile for 'parallax mapping tile' or you could use it in RPG Maker VX or VX Ace (it's 64 x 64). So I thought I'd share it and start over on my divider. I am just a little perfectionist actually, so I suppose it doesn't surprise me that I don't think it worked as a 'divider'.

:LZScat:

[​IMG]

starlight dream and MMMm like this.