Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Demo v0.1 currently available for download! :D
 ​
 ​
Synopsis
Every 1,000 years when the planets align, the rifts that separate the human world and the spirit world become weak.​
From these weakened rifts, the entity known as Calamity attempts to consume all life and send the world into an ever lasting darkness.​
Only those who are blessed with the powers of the Elemental Scions may stand up against this plight and save the world from destruction.​
It has been 1,000 years since the last invasion...​
 ​
 ​
Characters
Actor1.png

Julia: Julia is the Elemental Scion of Fire. She has a very fiery personality and is the natural leader of the group. Julia excels in burst damaging abilities that can destroy her enemies in a blaze of heat. 

Actor2.png

Monique: Master of the Earth Element. Monique excels in defensive magic and uses her powers to defend her sisters from harm. Monique is the eldest of the sisters and plays the role of mama-bear. Monique can call upon the earth to devastate her enemies or to bolster the defenses of her sisters.

Actor3.png

Elena: The Elemental Scion of Wind. Elena is the second youngest of the sisters and is the most ditsy of the group. She is very friendly and outgoing but tends to get her sisters into trouble from time to time. Elena excels in debilitating her enemies by spreading damage over time effects of debuffs onto large groups. She uses her wind magic to deal large damage to groups of enemies all at once.

Actor4.png

Mimi: With the powers of the Water Element, Mimi excels in curative magics. Mimi is the youngest of the group and the most timid of her sisters. Although she is very shy and introverted, she is one of the most valuable sisters in combat due to her ability to heal. From single target heals to party-wide heals, Mimi keeps her sisters alive and kicking so that they could dominate enemies thanks to her help.

Screenshots
 ​
 ​
Screen1.png
 ​
Screen2.png
 ​
Screen3.png
 ​
Screen4.png
 ​
Screen5.png
 ​
Screen6.png
 ​
Screen7.png
 ​

Features
  • Major party customization. Each character has one armor and weapon throughout the whole game, but the player may add upgrades to these weapons to suit their needs. Each weapon and armor piece can be upgraded without limit if the player chooses to invest the time.
  • Spells will level up upon use. Heal will be become Heal II, then Heal III, and so on the more it is used in battle. Spells can also be upgraded by finding special items hidden around the world.
  • Somewhat open ended gameplay. Once the game gets going, the player can choose the route in which they see the story unravel. 
  • FTB (Free Turn Battle) combat system allows for strategic gameplay. Abilities have cooldowns and item/resources are scarce, so planning your every move is crucial to victory.
  • More to come...
 ​
Development
 ​
Very early stages in development. Demo will be added once there is enough gameplay to warrant adding one.
 ​
 ​
Demo Download
 ​
Non-RTP MediaFire Download
 ​
 ​
RTP MediaFire Download
 ​
TBA​
Calamity.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there,

That's a nice looking game you've got there. :) There's a lot of work put in it as it seems. I have a few complaints, however.

- The plot and characters have nothing unique about them. The story is the usual 'world in great danger' and only chosen ones being able to save it from the great demise. There's nothing wrong with it but nothing too interesting either. Unless, of course, there are some interesting plot twists later in the game that make the story more interesting and different.

The characters look cute and I like them but I wished they were more memorable than that. Right now, they come off a bit stereotypical. Fire girl with fiery personality, shy water girl, outgoing wind girl and caring earth girl-we must have heard of similar characters before. To make your characters as memorable as possible, try having something interesting about each that makes them stand out. ^^

-The screenshots. Your mapping ok, but it's a bit big and plain. Your interior maps especially can be smaller than that. Always make your maps as small as they could be, especially the interiors. :)

The features list is eye-catching. Looking forward to see more of this. :)

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I agree with the above for the most part and those are some great pointers. I will say though that it has potential!  It's very interesting how to use set up the modern tilesets ... though adding more details wouldn't hurt you. One thing I do approve of though is a female heroine. It's becoming a bit more common among indie games, but it's still nice to see. I may be biased though, haha.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Much work has been done on Calamity throughout this last week to provide a very early tech demo for the game. A link to the media-fire download has been added to the main post. Currently looking for ANY type of feedback: story related, gameplay mechanics, dungeons, combat, etc. The demo is about 35-45 min worth of gameplay. Excuse the large file size, as it has tons of the maps and stuff already included in the download, they're just not accessible yet.

Many thanks to those who dedicate their time to try my game out, it's totally appreciated. Have fun!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here are some screenshot updates to what I've been working on!

Examples of what the insides of the RIFTs look like:

Rift1floor2.png

1stmajorrift.png

Rift2jumping.png

The research labs within HQ are now fully functional. The research labs are where the player will be able

to upgrade their magic skills, armors, weapons, and accessories using the materials they find within the RIFTs:

Accessoryresearch.png

Armamentresearch.png

Spellresearch.png

I am currently wrapping up Rift Boss #2 and will update the demo download once it is ready! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The screenshots are looking very interesting, I must say. ^^ The Rift system is intriguing, and I can see it provides a more customizable gameplay.

Good luck, looking forward for more. :) )

Mushinronja

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Played it, was fun.

Would kind of expect for enemies and party members to have elemental weaknesses in a game so focused on elements as this one, but perhaps that is to be implemented later. And I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but once I found this strategy, most regular enemy fights were done by having all the party members guard for 2 turns, and then Julia would do her all-hitting SP move and then mop up with regular attacks. Mimi would use her party heal if things went south.

This game is SO FANCY though. Really nice to look at, though it is somewhat noticeable/annoying that the rift boss is half off the screen.

Have to wonder though if the game will all consist of going into rifts, as that may quickly get same-y and become a grind to play. I mean I doubt you'll limit it to just that, though.

Damien's a weirdo. 10$ on him being their dad.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would kind of expect for enemies and party members to have elemental weaknesses in a game so focused on elements as this one, but perhaps that is to be implemented later
You are absolutely correct! They have yet to be implemented, and as for the combat itself, it hasn't really been balanced all that much. You did bring about an oversight on my part about guarding for two turns and then going all-out with the finisher moves...I'll have to look into that. Good catch!

This game is SO FANCY though. Really nice to look at, though it is somewhat noticeable/annoying that the rift boss is half off the screen
I'm glad you're liking the aesthetics. I feel that mapping is my weak point and I'm not a huge fan of doing it, so reading this makes me happy. I will fix the positioning of the boss, thanks for pointing that out.

Have to wonder though if the game will all consist of going into rifts, as that may quickly get same-y and become a grind to play. I mean I doubt you'll limit it to just that, though.
This is the biggest hurdle I will have to overcome for this game. I really want to avoid that same-y feeling, so I have to either be super creative with the rifts so that they're completely different from each other, or try and create the game in a way that doesn't consist of rift -> home base -> rift -> home base -> etc... 

Damien's a weirdo. 10$ on him being their dad.
I plead the fifth! (Amendment that is...)

Linkis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, time for my two cents :)

Just started and know nothing about game making :(

Like the characters and mapping, guess if you don't know how, anything will impress you :)

Did find two little problems: in the lobby next too the elevator, there are two what look like soda machines. You can walk INTO or ON them. Also, on the second floor, left of the lift :( there is an entrance to a room and just to the left of the entrance you can walk up the wall :)

That's it for now, will play more later and point out all your terrible, terrible errors :)

If this is anywhere near as good as Demon Hunter......you will get a big thumbs up for this game as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tetragrammaton