Call all Foodies and Lovers of Food!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Ms Littlefish, Jun 2, 2014.

1. evmaster

evmaster Think Outside the Box Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow! I have never made anything like it. What does it taste like? It looks like it would be very creamy. Yum! >_< That's a lot of creamcheese too. The most I use 8 oz. If I did 16 I don't remember. lol I haven't used orange juice in cheesecake before. I have used mascarpone cheese once though. My first time using it. I think coffee was an ingredient before but I can't remember if that was for cheesecake. lol

Have you made any other cheesecakes?

Sauteed_Onion and Ms Littlefish like this.
  2. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll just sit over here all lactose intolerant like... :kaocry:

Guiguimu likes this.
  3. evmaster

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh no! I am so sorry. I feel so bad now. ;_;

Saltwater Croc and Ms Littlefish like this.
  4. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    NUTELLAMISU Recipe; Nutella + Tiramisù Italian version ( for @mlogan )

INGREDIENTS

- Egg Yolks; 65g (4 of them)
    - Water; 40ml
    - Savoiardi biscuits; 300g - Ladyfingers in the US, obviously not the vegetables.
    - Mascarpone; 500g - It's an italian cheese and probably hard to find outside Italy, but you can replace it with a normal sweet cream for pastries.
    - Nutella; 500g
    - Sugar; 130g
    - Coffee; 250g (from Moka pot)
    - Cocoa Powder - Preferibly bitter but you can use even something sweet like the Nesquik.

1) Start making syrup to paste the yolks.
    Put 65g of sugar and 40ml of water in a tiny pot and let it heat at medium fire until it has reached 120c (use a kitchen thermometer, if you don't have it wait for the water to start boiling).

2) When the syrup starts boiling put the 4 yolks into a bowl and add the rest of the sugar (65g) into them.

3) Using an electric mixer, combine the yolks with the sugar. Start with a slow speed and gradually increase it. Continue to blend it until it becomes a smooth mixture.

4) Keep the mixer on while adding the Mascarpone (or the Cream for Pastries) one spoon at a time until it has all been placed in.
    Once the cream is smooth, soft and free of lumps, turn off the blender. Transfer the cream to the fridge.
    In the meantime prepare the coffee, then pour it into a bowl and allow it to cool.

5) Once the coffee has cooled down, remove the cream from the fridge and use it to create the first layer using a 25cm x 25cm tray.
    Dip the ladyfingers on both sides quickly in the coffee and place them in the tray on top of the cream.
    Please note that it is important to ensure the ladyfingers are not too wet, otherwise it will be difficult to spread the Nutella later.

6) After you have laid the second layer of the ladyfingers, add half the Nutella on top of them, and use a spatula to spread it evenly over the entire surface. Cover the ladyfingers with the Mascarpone too (or the Cream for Pastries) and spread it evenly again with the spatula.

7) Continue to soak ladyfingers on both sides and arrange them in the tray to create another layer.
    Add the remaining Mascarpone (or Cream for Pastries) at the top layer and again, spread it evenly over the entire surface.

8) Cover with a transparent food film and allow the tiramisu to rest in the fridge for at least an hour.

EXTRA
    For decoration, you can pour some Nutella into a saucer and decorate your Nutellamisu by making horizontal and oblique lines.
    You can spread some Nesquik or pure cocoa powder on the top just before serving.
    Remember that you can store it for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. If you prefer, you can portion it and freeze it for about 1 month.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  5. robhr

robhr come on die young Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    One of my favourite things to make is my own little brand of jalapeno poppers.

Cut the jalapenos in half, carve out all the seeds and stuff... Fill it with cream cheese, wrap it in a strip of that Pillsbury crescent dough, wrap a half cooked strip of bacon around it, stick a toothpick in it to keep it in place... Cook them at 325F for like half an hour. turning half way through.

Gutting the jalapenos takes a while but it's worth it.

I usually find one tube of the crescent dough covers 12 to 14 poppers.

6. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    *Dusts off some of those jalapeno poppers*

Hmm, I like just making some skillet fried chicken with garlic salt. Meow.

Ms Littlefish and evmaster like this.
  7. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Two stews I've made recently! The first is slow cooked chicken thighs with onion, garlic, bell peppers, Anaheim chilies, guallios, achnoes, chipoltes, cumin, salt, black pepper, oregano, fire roasted tomatoes, and apple cider vinegar. That's over yellow potatoes and topped with a salad made of radishes, rainbow carrots, green onions, cilantro, and lime.

The second is a chicken and quinoa stew. Chicken thighs, bone broth, quinoa, olive oil, onion, garlic, carrot, dry sherry, red potato, porchini mushrooms (and its stock), turnip greens, fresh herbs and parsley, salt, black pepper, fresh squeezed lemon.

Sauteed_Onion, evmaster and Guiguimu like this.
  8. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Ms Littlefish That looks so good...! So yummy...! So... Delicious! I can't eat that kind of tasty food... :kaocry:
    I love the presentation on both!
    I have to show you all my Charlotte cake next time I do it! ^^

Sauteed_Onion and Ms Littlefish like this.
  9. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much! And, yes! More cakes are needed in here!

Sauteed_Onion and Guiguimu like this.
  10. evmaster

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is very impressive Ms Littlefish! Your display is outstanding!

Here are my Valentine brownies. They are made from scratch and so is the icing. Presentation may not be the best but they probably taste awesome. I've made them many times before but these all went to work and they seemed to be a hit. :kaoluv:

Attached Files:

11. Nivlacart

Nivlacart Glue my hand to the tablet pen. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a wonderful thread to browse at 2AM.

12. Sauteed_Onion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So who's got the confirmation on some cinnamon rolls?

13. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Confirmation? I can confirm that they are the most amazing things ever, especially when you make them yourself. :p

Guiguimu and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  14. Lark Monster

Lark Monster ♥ Happiness is a warm puppy. ♥ Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My boyfriend and I are both lactose intolerant and have been looking for some local lactose free cheesecake. We couldn't find any...so I am hopefully going to try making my own in a few days, I'll let you all know how it works out! I definitely hope to try more if this one turns out well.

15. evmaster

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Edit: I hit submit on accident before I finished my post. :kaoswt:!

Here are some screenshots off my youtube video of some of my cheesecakes.

Edit: I should probably make another cheesecake this year. I want to make one that I have never made before...hmm..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  16. VertigoAffliction

VertigoAffliction I can still play these older games like a champ. Veteran

First Language:
    ESL (English)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sadly, I have no photos to share, but one of my favorite munchie foods are Pakki (Pocky) sticks, but I don't like the spicy ones.
    I also prefer French chocolate to anything provided by the factories in America.

Tiramisu and Flan are two of my favorite bittersweet desserts, cured cheesecake being one more (meaning that the cream is spoiled before being made into cream cheese - will be problematic if you're lactose intolerant and/or cannot handle certain types of mold-made products).
    I love sushi, sashimi and live octopus, but I still don't get the goldfish delicacy (yes, it is a delicacy in some cultures but I have never liked it-not once).
    I also like SPAM when it is fried in olive oil, then flash chilled in pickling juice. I'm weird, I know! You might be thinking 'Am I pregnant?' but nope! Never have been either. lol
    Note to the SJW's: When you're traveling abroad, the last thing you wanna do is insult the culture, especially when you're an invite.

Guiguimu and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  17. Sauteed_Onion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  18. evmaster

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd give you all cheesecake but unfortunately this is the internet. :kaocry:

My favorites I made were probably the peppermint cheesecake and my least favorite is surprisingly the candy corn cheesecake. I decided to make cheesecake after a friend took me to the cheesecake factory.

I forgot to upload this cheesecake. This was probably my hardest. (Hardest as in tedious) I made it for these reasons: The Cheesecake factory has Cheesecakes with actual baked cake layers and other stuff like fillings and toppings. So I found a recipe where I made chocolate cake and cheesecake and layered them! The icing seemed to be a problem for other people and I didn't really understand till I made it. Don't get me wrong, I made the icing just fine. This icing was really different as it wanted 4 sticks of butter! And the icing is soft to spread at first but after it hardens it is like a chocolate shell candy or something. So if not made right the icing can give you problems and that's when I realized what the others were talking about.

That white stuff on the cake layres, not the top drizzle, is from pie or something, wish it wasn't there but I didn't get to the cheesecake in time apparently for picture taking.:kaomad2:

Attached Files:

19. Devselia

Devselia Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

My mom and I made this together a couple weeks ago. It's called Biriyani (Chicken Biriyani) It has layers of basmati rice and masala curry. The top is garnished with sauted onions, pineapple (sometimes people use raisins and cashews) and mint, along with roasted eggs. It's a large dish, but one of my faves :kaoluv: it takes a quarter of a day to make too. It's mostly savory, but I have a strong spice tolerance. It might be a bit spicy to those who don't eat hot food often, but there's so many variations of Biriyani, I'm sure it's possible to make one that's mild.

20. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I cannot be trusted with cinnamon rolls. If my wife makes a tray, I will sit and eat the entire tray if no one stops me.

mlogan, Guiguimu, evmaster and 2 others like this.