Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wooow. Love that one! And that poutine doesn't look half bad!  I wonder what the white chunkies are, though...

Athryl

The Reticent
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks like cheese curd to me? I've never had poutine, but some fresh cheese curd is yummy!

Samsonite

Samuel L.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Poutine is pretty big up her in Canada, especially in Quebec. It's fries with gravy and cheese curds.

I really like eating oatmeal. I use milk, not water. I put in cinnamon, chocolate protein powder, and put blueberries on top. I eat that almost every day for breakfast. I don't have a picture. You can all picture it, though. :D

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, can confirm cheese curds. I don't live in Canada but Detroit Metro does have a tendency to sneak some Canada in. We have pretty decent poutine but I imagine I'll have to get the real deal when I go to Canada in a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So a few people asked about the peanut buttercream frosting a while ago, but I've been lazy. Here is the easy recipe.

1 lb of butter

2 cups of peanut butter chips.

1. Melt chips and butter in a saucepan over low heat, whisking frequently

2. When melted, cool completely in fridge until solid.

3. Remove from fridge and let sit until room temperature.

4. Mix on medium until the color lightens an the frosting gets fluffy.

5. Put on cake and eat.

Like I said in previous post, definitely not a good idea for a frequent indulgence. It's really good though, and easy to make. For anyone unaccustomed to buttercream icing, eating the cake at room temp rather than from the fridge can make the difference between an amazing frosting and a subpar one... But unless you're downin it fast you should still store it in the fridge an just let it set out a while before serving, it being 50% butter and all. Recipe works for chocolate chips to, and probably others.

@nio now I want some poutine, you know how long it's been since I've been somewhere that people even know what that is? Seriously, if polled 50/100 Alabamans would have no answer, 49/50 would probably say "you mean the leader of Russia?" And I'd be the last guy polled, who envys Canada(and Detroit, apparently)for having easy (lazy) access to it

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiju Master

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love poutine, being a chef from michigan I know what it is.

I am gonna be making pumpkin cheesecake for a bake sale later this month.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I finally gave into the pumpkin cheese cake crazy last year... and wow..it was good! :) But I love pumpkin pie and love cheese cake.. pecan pie being my other favorite. So candied yams are also a holiday favorite with pecans ;)

The hubby made a pecan pie with a butter crumble crust the other day.. I would have photo'd it.. but it mysteriously disappeared almost over night.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Alexander - Imma try that, seems to be the easiest frosting recipe I've ever encountered. :)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Poutine is pretty big up her in Canada, especially in Quebec. It's fries with gravy and cheese curds.

I really like eating oatmeal. I use milk, not water. I put in cinnamon, chocolate protein powder, and put blueberries on top. I eat that almost every day for breakfast. I don't have a picture. You can all picture it, though. :D
Yeah OatMeal : 3!  

also for the poutine yesh really popular in quebec xD did you try the Moske meat one ? or the italian this is really tasty but I prefer when we use white gravy sauce and some Hached meat ; D! 

Yes, can confirm cheese curds. I don't live in Canada but Detroit Metro does have a tendency to sneak some Canada in. We have pretty decent poutine but I imagine I'll have to get the real deal when I go to Canada in a few months.
haha I suggest you in toronto to go more in some fast food and ask a poutine automaticly you will have some good one : D...I suggest you to taste the Smokemeat one! 

So a few people asked about the peanut buttercream frosting a while ago, but I've been lazy. Here is the easy recipe.

1 lb of butter

2 cups of peanut butter chips.

1. Melt chips and butter in a saucepan over low heat, whisking frequently

2. When melted, cool completely in fridge until solid.

3. Remove from fridge and let sit until room temperature.

4. Mix on medium until the color lightens an the frosting gets fluffy.

5. Put on cake and eat.

Like I said in previous post, definitely not a good idea for a frequent indulgence. It's really good though, and easy to make. For anyone unaccustomed to buttercream icing, eating the cake at room temp rather than from the fridge can make the difference between an amazing frosting and a subpar one... But unless you're downin it fast you should still store it in the fridge an just let it set out a while before serving, it being 50% butter and all. Recipe works for chocolate chips to, and probably others.

@nio now I want some poutine, you know how long it's been since I've been somewhere that people even know what that is? Seriously, if polled 50/100 Alabamans would have no answer, 49/50 would probably say "you mean the leader of Russia?" And I'd be the last guy polled, who envys Canada(and Detroit, apparently)for having easy (lazy) access to it
haha yes poutine is rare in USA or in the other world also you can't have the same poutine of how the canada made because we use all variante of the poutine  but if you want I can give you a good recipe for made a home made poutine !

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Something with Chicken breasts would be a good one!
Something like this?

Oregano Roasted Chicken in a Butter Red Wine Sauce.

Need to remember how I did that sauce though. The next times I tried it, there was far too much red-wine (or maybe I was just lazy to wait for it to reduce)

Kaiju Master

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
looks friendly but trust that these are well and truly scrambled eggs from hell.  The red on top is salsa, but not just any salsa, not even just plain hot salsa.  It is scary hot, brutally hot ghost pepper salsa.  This was used in breakfast burritos with guacamole ranch dressing.  The meat within is plumrose apple wood smoked bacon which was cooked with onions.

Samsonite

Samuel L.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
also for the poutine yesh really popular in quebec xD did you try the Moske meat one ? or the italian this is really tasty but I prefer when we use white gravy sauce and some Hached meat ; D!
I've not had poutine in a long, long time. Never had anything other than regular poutine. Sounds good, though.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@KaijuMaster

There is a type of Vodka which has 500,00 Scoville hot sauce in it!  It comes in an onimous black bottle with skulls and crossbones.  I've heard bartenders like giving a shot of that to guys (it's almost always guys) who ask for the strongest the bartender has.  He says it's very amusing watching the macho dudes gulp that down, their face changing to a beet red as they desperately try NOT to run for some water to cool the burn.  It burns for a half-hour.   Ouch!

Kaiju Master

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
well keep in mind, habaneros on their own are 350 to 550k scoville units, ghost pepper is 750k to 1 million.  I have had daves ultimate insanity and mega death sauce and can handle them pretty easily lol.

Onomotopoeia

I don't know, nobody's told me yet.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A rating for spicy-ness? Methinks I will have to learn what a scoville unit is...

Kaiju Master

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
scoville is pretty simple and very accurate.  Take equal parts sugar water and dried pepper flakes and keep adding the sugar water until the heat can't be detected then times that by 100 and you have the scoville unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deli