ginfubawuba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When a map event calls a common event, the common event has access information from the map event.

I want a script that calls a common event, using the info from a different map event.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ginfubawuba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]
I saw I posted in the wrong area and reposted in requests, I now have double posted. How do I delete one of them?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don’t, only mods can. If it happens again, just report your post to be moved, rather than creating a second thread.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you give some more information on why you want this and what you want the events to do?
the common event gets the info because it is called as a subfuncton, not because the information is stored elsewhere.
redirecting that is not directly possible, so more info on the intention and what you want to do is needed before someone can construct an alternative.

ginfubawuba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you give some more information on why you want this and what you want the events to do?
the common event gets the info because it is called as a subfuncton, not because the information is stored elsewhere.
redirecting that is not directly possible, so more info on the intention and what you want to do is needed before someone can construct an alternative.
I'm not looking for an alternative, I'm want to know how call that subfuncton when I know the event I want call it from.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not looking for an alternative, I'm want to know how call that subfuncton when I know the event I want call it from.
that doesn't work.
caling the subfunction will always give the data from the event that is calling it.

If you want the data from (for example) event ID7 to be given to the common event, then it has to be that event that calls the common event - no other event can give the data on it.
and if it's event ID7 that's calling the common event, you can simply use the event command itself, no need for javascript.

ginfubawuba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that doesn't work.
caling the subfunction will always give the data from the event that is calling it.

If you want the data from (for example) event ID7 to be given to the common event, then it has to be that event that calls the common event - no other event can give the data on it.
and if it's event ID7 that's calling the common event, you can simply use the event command itself, no need for javascript.
Is it possible for one event to to tell another event to call something?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible for one event to to tell another event to call something?
theoretically yes, but in 90% of all cases that is a bad idea because chaining events will often cause timing errors.

you are running in the wrong direction. As I asked above, please tell us WHAT you want to do instead of HOW you want to do an unknown something.
Because there is a good chance that there is a better way to do what you want, if you just tell us the effect you want instead of the overly complicated way you assume it should be done.

ginfubawuba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
theoretically yes, but in 90% of all cases that is a bad idea because chaining events will often cause timing errors.

you are running in the wrong direction. As I asked above, please tell us WHAT you want to do instead of HOW you want to do an unknown something.
Because there is a good chance that there is a better way to do what you want, if you just tell us the effect you want instead of the overly complicated way you assume it should be done.
I already implemented an alternative to what originally got me thinking about this, But I am still curious if doing it with this method is possible.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not really, for a lot of reasons. you would have to circumvent the entire object encapsulation and parent/child-process functionality to do things your way, and that would cause problems in a lot of other segments - especially as there are other methods to do things that are much easier to handle.

ginfubawuba

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, I'll give up on this fringe method.
not really, for a lot of reasons. you would have to circumvent the entire object encapsulation and parent/child-process functionality to do things your way, and that would cause problems in a lot of other segments - especially as there are other methods to do things that are much easier to handle.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Generate Actors, Dark Fantasy Monsters, & I Heard There Was a Chosen One, | RPG Maker News #42

Work on Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer continues slowly but surely. :kaopride: Today I received the Game Over screen from @Finnuval!
GameOver.png
Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnarchyJas