KeitaNeko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My VN uses a custom menu that runs off of a common event, so..
How would I use this plugin to instead of calling the menu, call a common event?

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
@KeitaNeko Why do you need this plugin if you using custom menu? Unless you are using some standard scenes too, like save-load scene, then you can use it to fix some bugs(for than you need only to install the plugin). In other cases there is no point and you can call your menu by common event without this plugin.

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Vital plugin for those who make the game in the style of visual novel. Many thanks to the author!

joket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Useful, thank you

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, quick question - has anyone tested saving/loading a lot with this? Like when the game loads, will you still be at the point where you saved?

So if the user saves midway through a cutscene, will they still be in the same place?

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, quick question - has anyone tested saving/loading a lot with this? Like when the game loads, will you still be at the point where you saved?

So if the user saves midway through a cutscene, will they still be in the same place?
Only if game files weren't changed I think. Will load fine, unless a player updates the game or dev makes changes during the play test. The event awkwardly resets itself upon loading.

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian

Yes it will be same place. This plugin was in use in one game of my friend for a few years and i have done many fixes to save\load according to feedback i get from dev of that game. So in last version of plugin all should be good in most standard cases.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes it will be same place. This plugin was in use in one game of my friend for a few years and i have done many fixes to save\load according to feedback i get from dev of that game. So in last version of plugin all should be good in most standard cases.
Even when changing the code, events etc? Because if I load a savegame, it'll restart the event. Works fine for exported game with no exits to the code. Maybe I have older version?

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Even when changing the code, events etc? Because if I load a savegame, it'll restart the event. Works fine for exported game with no exits to the code. Maybe I have older version?
Don't see how is it even a problem. If someone messed up exported game - it's their problem how game behave after, not your as dev.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't see how is it even a problem. If someone messed up exported game - it's their problem how game behave after, not your as dev.
The only issue is when players update the game and load during the event. Some of us releases updates every month, so people are sending bug reports because they fail to read a disclaimer how to safely update. Just checking if it's normal behavior and if I should try fixing it. Is there a reason why it behaves like this? RPGM limitation?

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
The only issue is when players update the game and load during the event. Some of us releases updates every month, so people are sending bug reports because they fail to read a disclaimer how to safely update. Just checking if it's normal behavior and if I should try fixing it. Is there a reason why it behaves like this? RPGM limitation?

It can be a problem only if you constantly change old events, but if you only add new content all will be ok. Save store old data then loads it. If you change game data in spot where save was then there will be a conflict, between saved data and new in game data, because you load old over new. It has nothing to do with this plugin, this is just how save-load working.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3ddl