First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Camera Movement with Mouse
Version 1.1.1
By Magnus0808 || Magnus Rubin Peterson

Introduction
This plugin allows the player to move the camera using the mouse. When the cursor gets close the border of the screen then the camera will move in that direction.

I originally made this plugin as a request. However, some people have found it useful so I made an official thread for it.

Features
  • Camera movement using the mouse
  • Drag the camera using the middle mousebutton
  • (optional) Always show the player when they are moving
  • Turn the plugin on/off using Plugin Commands
How to use
Just plug and play.
However, you might want to change the plugin parameters to fit your preferences.
The following plugin command can be used to turn off/on the plugin:
CameraMouseMove On/Off/Toggle (depending on what you want)​
You can also turn off/on the dragging function:
CameraMouseMove On/Off/Toggle drag (depending on what you want)​

Download
You can download this plugin from my GitHub:
https://github.com/magnusrp0808/plugins/blob/master/MRP_CameraMouseMove.js

Terms of use
TERMS OF USE Copyright (c) 2020 Magnus0808 || Magnus Rubin Peterson || Magnusrp0808

• You are free to use it in commercial or non commercial RPG Maker MV projects if you credit me unless other is stated.
  • Please do not change the header of the plugin
    • Other than that you are allowed to make edits to the plugin
  • You are NOT allowed to sell the plugin itself even if you edited it.
  • You can share the plugin with others but it is preferable you link either this thread or the github link.
Change log

Version 1.1.1:
+
Fixed so when you drag the camera and if the mouse gets within the boader then it will not start scrolling
Version 1.1:
+
Added dragging function to move the camera
Version 1.0:
+ First Release

Author Notes
If you have any questions regarding this plugin then feel free to throw me a message.

Last edited:

Twisted Crow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works like a dream! It's a pity that it doesn't seem to play nice with TDDP's Mouse Ex that enables custom cursors, though. I imagine because they both pertain to mouse function. *shrug*

Great plugin, otherwise! :rhappy:

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Twisted Crow I could only find one issue between the plugins which only happens when you have "Highlight On Hover" on in TDDP's Mouse Ex. However, this issue is fixed if you place my plugin AFTER TDDP_MouseSystemEx. (What happens is that TDDP_MouseSystemEx overwrites TouchInput._onMouseMove completely when "Highlight On Hover" is on.)

If this does not fix the issue you encountered then please write me the issues and I'll see if I can make them play nicely together :)

Twisted Crow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep. Works great after making that little adjustment! My thanks, Magnus!

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin! Been looking for something like this for a while and it's great that it can be used with TDDP's Mouse EX! Would it be possible to also add a click and drag function to this?

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Creative Ed I added a dragging function to the plugin. You can now click and drag using the middle mousebutton :)

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! This will be very useful!

EDIT: I tested it and there's just an issue. When Dragging with mid mouse button, if the mouse aproaches the borders it still moves the camera, which feels a bit odd (it executes the two movement types). Is it possible to disable the edge movement when the mid-mouse button is down?

Last edited:

Magnus0808

Software Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Creative Ed You're right that would feel weird. I have fixed it now, I also added so if you release the drag function within the boarder distance then it will not start moving until you remove the mouse from the boarder distance and back again. (since it would feel weird if the camera started moving in the opposite direction of what you just dragged) :)

Creative Ed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is great! Thank you :) Sounds like it will work perfectly, I'll try it as soon as I get on my laptop!

Update: I tested it and it works perfectly, thank you for this plugin! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.
Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr