Momochy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm developing a game that starts off with the main character riding a train, & what I'm trying to do is add some shaky, continuous, left to right camera movement to make it appear as if the train is actually moving.

I'm a noob, so what I first tried doing is to create the movement using the "Scroll Map" function, but it didn't give me the effect I was looking for, & my sprite couldn't move while the effect was turned on anyway.

Does anyone know of a script that might have what I'm looking for? I'd really appreciate it!

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Galv's camera control
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/galvs-cam-control.51656/

Camera Core by SumRndmDde
http://sumrndm.site/camera-core/

Also, on Page 2 of the Event commands under the Screen heading (right side of list) there is a shake screen option. Uncheck wait for completion and set the timing to fit your need. Probably best to have it repeating itself on a separate parallel process, as opposed to having one super long running screen shake
Both are for MV

Momochy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Galv's camera control
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/galvs-cam-control.51656/

Camera Core by SumRndmDde
http://sumrndm.site/camera-core/

Also, on Page 2 of the Event commands under the Screen heading (right side of list) there is a shake screen option. Uncheck wait for completion and set the timing to fit your need. Probably best to have it repeating itself on a separate parallel process, as opposed to having one super long running screen shake
I did what you suggested & tried using the "Shake Screen" option, & it worked perfectly! Thank you so much for that! But is there a way to get it to loop during dialogue? The screen shake works fine up until I start interacting with characters, & stops while the dialogue is on screen. It starts looping again once the dialogue is over, but I'd like to keep it continuous if possible.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did you set it to a parallel process? Make sure that you put a wait in there somewhere so that you don't risk lag.

Momochy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did you set it to a parallel process? Make sure that you put a wait in there somewhere so that you don't risk lag.
I did, but it's possible that I probably made a mistake somewhere as I'm still really new to using RPG Maker.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It works for me.
I have one event on parallel process, it uses two commands.
--Shake Screen 60 frames WAIT FOR COMPLETION IS UNCHECKED
--Wait 60 frames

The other is a character who speaks to you when you activate her with the player. The screen shakes the whole time for me, including when I'm walking around or when the dialogue is showing.

Last edited:

Momochy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It works for me.
I have one event on parallel process, it uses two commands.
--Shake Screen 60 frames WAIT FOR COMPLETION IS UNCHECKED
--Wait 60 frames

The other is a character who speaks to you when you activate her with the player. The screen shakes the whole time for me, including when I'm walking around or when the dialogue is showing.
I tried what you said, but it didn't work for me. It still stops when the dialogue is on screen.
I really appreciate you trying to help though! <3

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You know what, my screen shake was set a longer than I allowed it to wait during the test.
Here's what I recommend, I tested this just now.

Continue to have the separate parallel process shaking the screen.

On the character event when you're doing dialogue, you'll need to limit the amount of time the text box is open manually with the text shorthand codes.
Before each Text Box, in that same event call another screen shake that will run for a bit longer than the wait codes in the text that follows
shakeExample.png

This does limit the the player's ability to choose when to progress the Text/close the text box, but without doing this you're options are a bit limited.
The example above does, however, allow the screen to continue shaking behind the text while it's active.

Momochy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You know what, my screen shake was set a longer than I allowed it to wait during the test.
Here's what I recommend, I tested this just now.

Continue to have the separate parallel process shaking the screen.

On the character event when you're doing dialogue, you'll need to limit the amount of time the text box is open manually with the text shorthand codes.
Before each Text Box, in that same event call another screen shake that will run for a bit longer than the wait codes in the text that follows
View attachment 118915

This does limit the the player's ability to choose when to progress the Text/close the text box, but without doing this you're options are a bit limited.
The example above does, however, allow the screen to continue shaking behind the text while it's active.
Oh my gosh, THANK YOU! It worked perfectly!

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm glad it's working, sorry I messed up the first two times. I should have let my test run longer, and I DEFINITELY should have noticed this was in ACE and not MV before you told me ><

Momochy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm glad it's working, sorry I messed up the first two times. I should have let my test run longer, and I DEFINITELY should have noticed this was in ACE and not MV before you told me ><
Oh no, don't worry about it! We all make mistakes. I really appreciate that you took time out of your day to help me. Thanks again! <3

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is the "2 status updates 24h" still in effect?
My first attempt at Pixel Art :blink::) (I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it)
Plugin instructions: *exists*
Plugin: What did he say? *error*
I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisCKC