Can always escape from battles but lose 0-4 items in return.

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in my game i have crates and barrels with loot scattered around the map, what you get from them is random.
By default i made it so you can always escape from battle and the enemy gets a short stun on the map(can't move).
So that means you would be able to run from battles just like that...
But what if you had to take into account that losing an amount of items is the price for escaping?
Keep in mind that:
You must have at least 1 of that item for there to be a chance for it to be lost.
There's a 40% of losing 2 of the same item.
If you don't have that many items you may or may not lose something.

This is going to be toggable difficulty option and also a feature for harder modes.
What do you think,is this fair/challenging/frustrating?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would need to ensure only certain types of items can be removed (if you're just choosing randomly from what they have) - wouldn't want the player to lose something that's only obtainable once and is needed to progress in the game.

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz , i agree and that's why i'm more likely to only let it be items that even if you lose them you can still get relatively easy.
And by choosing randomly i still i some control over the items that can be taken so there's that.

Scorps

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It sounds interesting and if the fights are engaging it could work well, but it could also turn into a machine of perpetual torment if it is combined with "random encounters".

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Scorps i do not have random encounters in my game as i hate them since you don't have a 100% control over them. I use on-map encounters.
And i agree with this system not being a good pair with random encounters.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!
Snippet from a game I'm working on. Not much happening here. Mostly look at atmosphere. May upload a longer version. Still need to make up some enemy arts.
Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spacewaxamerica