Flamethrowers25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I was trying to make it so that one of my party members would be able switch weapons mid battle, however, I can't because a plugin will not let me. can anyone help me figure out how to make it so that I can let the party member switch weapons mid battle?

Screenshot (2).png

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A couple of tips:
1 - A more descriptive title will help you get more and better responses to your thread. Everyone starting a thread is looking for help of some kind, so of course people clicking on it are willing to help you - but they may not bother if they don't have any idea what kind of help you're looking for.

2 - Just saying "a plugin will not let me" isn't helpful. Obviously the VisuStella Battle Core is involved, but what other plugins are you using? What code or notetags or other setup are you trying to use that resulted in this error?

There are plugins out there specifically to do this (e.g. VisuStella's Weapon Swap System, the Change Equip On Battle that came with your purchase of MZ...).

Flamethrowers25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A couple of tips:
1 - A more descriptive title will help you get more and better responses to your thread. Everyone starting a thread is looking for help of some kind, so of course people clicking on it are willing to help you - but they may not bother if they don't have any idea what kind of help you're looking for.

2 - Just saying "a plugin will not let me" isn't helpful. Obviously the VisuStella Battle Core is involved, but what other plugins are you using? What code or notetags or other setup are you trying to use that resulted in this error?

There are plugins out there specifically to do this (e.g. VisuStella's Weapon Swap System, the Change Equip On Battle that came with your purchase of MZ...).
Sorry if my reply was late, I was trying to use this script on a Common Event for a skill that allows the ability to change gear midbattle: SceneManager.push(Scene_Equip)
Also, do you know where I could find the Change Equip On Battle plugin you are talking about?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, do you know where I could find the Change Equip On Battle plugin you are talking about?
In your MZ installation folder, there's a dlc directory. Inside of there are a bunch of extra plugins and little things.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry if my reply was late, I was trying to use this script on a Common Event for a skill that allows the ability to change gear midbattle: SceneManager.push(Scene_Equip)
As the alert says, if you're using VisuStella's Battle Core you cannot programmatically switch to the equip scene in battle. The reason for this is that shifting to a different scene and then returning to battle causes everything to re-initialise, which would effectively reset your battle.

Flamethrowers25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As the alert says, if you're using VisuStella's Battle Core you cannot programmatically switch to the equip scene in battle. The reason for this is that shifting to a different scene and then returning to battle causes everything to re-initialise, which would effectively reset your battle.
Ah, that makes sense, Thank you.:)

Flamethrowers25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In your MZ installation folder, there's a dlc directory. Inside of there are a bunch of extra plugins and little things.
Wow, there is a lot of Plugins that came with the Maker, and I did not see any of them! Thank you so much!:kaojoy:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just gonna leave this here lol. 7th cycle endless mode :D 700% enemy dmg or something.
I think I'm going to play the Saitama Theme BGM next time I delve into the JS library of RPG Maker MV... :kaoswt2:
I'm already excited for next spring, the new confirmed release date for RPG Maker Unite!
Come and join me in 10 minutes for Throwback Thursday where I'll be playing Beneath a Steel Sky! https://twitch.tv/trihanstreams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gasti99