Can anyone send me a copy of the original iconset please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen1701

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wanted to add a fishing rod Icon I had drawn so I decided to edit the iconset and copy/paste my addition into it, but... I didn't copy and paste the original anywhere, even worse, the iconset never showed the fishing rod, and the background lost it's transparency somehow and it is all showing up green. I must have forgotten to lock the background layer, so when I merged layers EVERYTHING became background... and still the fishing rod was not on the screen. I am rather confused, because I saved it as PNG, and even with the background going green in the program (even though there isn't when the file is opened in Krita)... did I save it in the wrong format or something?

I feel stupid now for not saving a copy of the original version. It was a dumb move considering how I'm pretty much just learning Krita.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@MoonBunny sorry and thnx! :kaoswt2:

Edited:
If you edited directly from RTP, just reinstall it, now if it's gone from your project, just get it from the RTP folder.

If it's the Steam version you have to uninstall RMVXAce completely and then reinstall it, it won't affect your projects.

Good luck.

Last edited:

MoonBunny

:^)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As I understand it, you've modified your project and not what the RMMV generates when creating a new project, so create a new one and copy it, but there's a quick workaround, look for the file in the base project folder of the RMMV itself.
Steam Version (Windows) - Path:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\img\system

"C:" is an example, the path may be different.
OP is using VX Ace, not MV... Same idea though.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can either reinstall the RTP, or download from the post above.

Next time, Export the iconset to your projects Graphics/System folder first, and then make the changes.

If you change any of the RTP resources, then build your project without including RTP, nobody will be able to play your game properly.

Helen1701

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks guys, I'll download the set from the post above, make A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL, and then edit the copy, that way I can always revert back to the original if my edited one doesn't work. I'll be more careful in future, lesson learned. Shaz, this is why I wanted the original set back, I don't want to change any of the originals, I'm using some of them. All I wanted to do is make a small addition to the set, you know, customise it.

In any case, thanks everyone, I'll be able to get things back to how they should be now, AND with any luck I will also be able to make the edits I need to and get them working, all while having the original to fall back on should I screw up again.

At some point I will also be adding to the tilesets, I have an extra category of tiles I call test tiles, I wanted to play around some without affecting the defaults, so I added an extra category. I've been able to make a simple autotile and I plan on making a lot more (for future projects), for the one I am currently working on I am only using defaults as it is my first project, although I was able to create a functioning oversized whale sprite.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whenever you want to make changes to the graphics, you do it in your project not the RTP. So make a copy to your project then it doesn't matter what you do with it.
As you said lesson learned - do not change the RTP

Helen1701

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've done it, I've got everything back to how it was originally. I will not replace iconset with another version UNLESS I KNOW THAT MY UPDATE WORKS, I will always copy/paste elsewhere FIRST so I always have a copy.

Another question... someone in the thread suggested not to edit the RTP, but to just make changes in the project... how exactly would I go about that. When it comes to adding icons to items, I can only add them if they are in iconset. I can add tiles without affecting the default by creating new tile categories , but there is only ONE option for icons, and that is iconset. How do you do it without editing? I'm a bit confused.

Last edited:

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You are supposed to copy the file into your project's Graphics->System and edit that and ONLY that. Not the RTP that's installed somewhere else on your computer.

Helen1701

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, major update, I've not only got the new graphics I wanted working properly, but I have created a fishing common event with a 50% chance of catching a fish, with a variable I called fishing, with possible numbers 1-16. Numbers 1-8 each have a specific fish assigned, and the other numbers just show up a text saying 'not a bite'. I did this by nesting lots of conditional branches, so that whether you get a fish or not, and what type of fish you get if you do, is assigned at random. Each individual fish is a different colour and has different properties, some of them heal HP, some remove bad status effects, and they are different prices if you want to sell them depending on how useful they are. I can use the fish to make some side quests (eg. Bring me 5 pink fish), this is to give the player a reason to fish beyond just curiosity and possibly catching something useful. Any fish can be caught from any designated fishing area, but ONLY in a designated fishing area. I may go back and edit some of the maps I have made already, so that when the player returns to those areas for whatever reason, they will try out fishing in places that previously only looked like they were random ponds (I have one in the starting village which is a small pond next to the village pub). Fishing will be introduced after the 5th dungeon, because you get the rod from a random guy stood by a fishing hole for 50G, although maybe that's a bit cheap, I might increase the price some. I set the rod to non consumable, so you only need to buy the one and you have it for the rest of the game.

Basically, I am super happy because I have not only learned how to actually use a variable, but I have been able to get the graphics working so it doesn't look stupid, Would have been odd without there being a rod and the fish for the player to actually see in their inventory! I've probably still got a lot to learn, but I think I've made a pretty major step today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rinchi4