Can anyone spot what my Common Event does wrong?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Wacky, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Wacky

Wacky Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Greetings all!

I've worked on a skill after reading a few threads on summoning minions to a in progress battle.  After a few tries I managed to code a common event tied to a skill and variable that would keep adding minions until it reached the max of 8 and start over again.

It's worked flawlessly for two bosses in my first game, but the final one doesn't function as the other two.  In it, the boss only heals itself to max hitpoints before the fight continues.  This has led me to believe that maybe said NPC isn't being viewed as Monster #1 but one of the other 8, despite having been added first to the troops list.

Below is the coding I did.  If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Sign--

Wacky

Summon Minion Commen Event.gif

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That combined image is way to small to see anything.  Adding them as individual images allows us to see them at full size.  Even when I choose "full size" I can't read anything there.

You could delete all the enemies from that troop and add them again, making sure the boss is added first, just to be sure.

3. Wacky

Wacky Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I had no problem viewing it when I clicked on it, and then again with the magnifiying glass.  It became full-sized.

But I'll try what you suggested just to be sure.

Sign--

Wacky

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Why are you testing the variable each time and only checking one particular enemy with each one?

What if Summon Undead is set to 5, but enemy 3 is the one that's dead?  The code that checks Enemy 3 won't be run because the variable is set to 5.  And the code that checks for the variable being 5 won't do anything because it's not looking at enemy 3.

5. Wacky

Wacky Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have two Conditional breaks in it for just that reason; the first part checks the value.  If that is not met (in this case Summon Undead is set to 5) it moves to the next variable until it loops around.

Or do you mean what if all enemies are alive?

Sign--

Wacky