Can assets made for rpg maker (not using any of rpg makers features) be used outside of RPG maker

TheZoruaGAmer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am wondering if assets made for rpg maker that doesn't use any of the rpg maker features (such as tilesets made by others) can be used in other things such as game maker studio

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Look at the terms of use for each asset. But any edits of RTP materials CANNOT be used in other game making programs.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
only if they obey a number of heavy restrictions

1) they cannot contain edits of any RTP that come with any maker. Those are absolutely forbidden outside the makers, and a lot of people include edits because as long as they are used inside the RM restrictions they are free to use if you own the RM they came from.

2) if they contain shop DLC it depends on the pack and its terms.
There are a few packs available for sale that can be used outside the makers, and they specifically state that this is allowed. And even then you have to follow the rest of the TOS like encryption required which not all other game makers can do.

There are very few free resources out there that were made for the Makers but do not use any RTP or DLC, remaining free of those limitations. But if you find them and follow their terms, then it can be done.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.
I just had my first real fire. Dad made burgers for lunch and the grill caught fire. He tried to get water but I told him you should never put water on a grease fire. So I got him the fire extinguisher under the sink and we managed to put it out. I can still smell a little of the smoke coming from the patio, but at least it's clearing. It sure was scary though.
was rendering a video and window decided to bsod on me :D fun
Could not for the life of me figure out how to implement the dual/triple techs in Touch the Stars in a player-friendly way. Was describing all the problems to my wife and just rubber-ducked a solution that should work brilliantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RasenNinja