Can Enemies Chase And Attack...?

Fubukio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Excuse me, does anyone know if it is possible to make the enemy sprites chase and attack the player character like in The Legend Of Zelda?

Without entering a Final Fantasy-ish Battle Sequence?

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might want to use an Action Battle System. I think it would do what you want. Take a look at Sapphire's Action Battle System for RMVXAce. I personally prefer it because it requires no custom graphics and fairly easy to configure.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you simply want the enemy to approach and attack and nothing else, then - assuming you are using an evented battle - you set your event 

Autonomous Movement box (bottom left): select 'approach'

Trigger: select Event Touch.

For the commands, 

Battle Processing and select your troop, or select Same as Random Encounter

Decide if you want to allow escape and if so what happens if they do escape (e.g. the enemy sprite moves away from the player for a few tiles to give the player time to decide what to do next).

And that's it.

EDIT

You also have to decide what you want to happen to the enemy after the battle.

If you don't want it to reappear ever, then Self Switch and a second page conditioned by that switch with nothing on it.

If you want it to respawn if you leave the map and return, then 'Erase Event'.

If you want it to respawn if you leave the whole dungeon and return, then you will need a switch e.g. Dungeon 4 ON which conditions your second page, and then on your transfer out event, have Dungeon 4 OFF

Fubukio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you simply want the enemy to approach and attack and nothing else, then - assuming you are using an evented battle - you set your event 

Autonomous Movement box (bottom left): select 'approach'

Trigger: select Event Touch.

For the commands, 

Battle Processing and select your troop, or select Same as Random Encounter

Decide if you want to allow escape and if so what happens if they do escape (e.g. the enemy sprite moves away from the player for a few tiles to give the player time to decide what to do next).

And that's it.

EDIT

You also have to decide what you want to happen to the enemy after the battle.

If you don't want it to reappear ever, then Self Switch and a second page conditioned by that switch with nothing on it.

If you want it to respawn if you leave the map and return, then 'Erase Event'.

If you want it to respawn if you leave the whole dungeon and return, then you will need a switch e.g. Dungeon 4 ON which conditions your second page, and then on your transfer out event, have Dungeon 4 OFF
This is what I'm talking about:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you want help to implement that script, then you need to provide a direct link to the script so that people can look at it.  You also need to specify exactly what your problem is, as people cannot guess what it might be, and what you have done so far to solve it, so that people don't spend time suggesting something that you have already tried.

Fubukio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you want help to implement that script, then you need to provide a direct link to the script so that people can look at it.  You also need to specify exactly what your problem is, as people cannot guess what it might be, and what you have done so far to solve it, so that people don't spend time suggesting something that you have already tried.
Oh, sorry. I only just found out about this Sapphire's Action Battle System from Miss of The Grand Nile's suggestion.

I'm just helping my friend to see if it is possible to battle enemies like this before he decides to buy RPG Maker VX Ace or not.

I'm currently waiting to see if he has any more questions.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your friend could just download the trial (of the full version, not Lite) and add the battle system and see what can be done with it. It's a full-featured trial that will give you 30 days to experiment.

And since the video you showed is that battle system being used in Ace, then I think you can tell your friend that it's possible to use that battle system in Ace ;)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And even if your friend doesn't like that example, there are a total of four or five different ABS (Action Battle System) scripts available for Ace, so he can choose which one has better options - they differ in the ways they handle the player and what additional functions are available, but the more options (like tools for removing obstacles) are available, the more work they are to implement and it also increases the complexity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kujo1189