Can I activate my Trial offline?

Column

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
I downloaded the trial from my phone while at work on wifi because I don't have internet access at home.. when I get home this evening I'm going to move everything over to my PC and install it. Will I need internet access to activate my Trial or not? Because if so im going to have to completely pack up my desktop and take it over to a friends house to borrow there internet lol.. sure hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm not new to rpg maker in general, but im new to the forum. Thanks guys!

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I believe the trial will be fine, but you'll need internet to activate the main product if you decide to buy.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly, there is a way to activate offline (a button on the trial window), but I don't know how that works - if it needs a phone call that would be a problem unless you live in the USA.

However, I might have mistaken that with an older maker...

Column

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Ok. Down it installed... but now it won't work. I click the icon on my desktop, program loads, click continue trial, then I get the big grey black window... but when I try to click "new project" I get a 'rpg maker mv is not responding' error message and it closes. Help?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds as if some other program is blocking the launch of the editor - something like your antivirus or firewall.

There is a Antivirus program that has been known for blocking RMMV in several cases and needs it whitelisted in the antivirus settings for example.

Another question is where you installed the program to (some paths are restricted by windows) and which version of Windows you have.

Column

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Windows 7

Installed into the program file 86 kuwhatevery rpg maker mv default folder. Haven't checked my av yet.

Column

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Guys. It was my graphics card driver. It was extremely out of date.. like, I have version 8, the latest version was 15. Thats what I get for not having an Internet connection at home lol. Got it working. Everything is fine now! Stayed up til 3am playing with the sprite generator, ha.

..speaking of which, I need to find some more 'modern' outfits and parts now. I remember on vx ace having regular cloths, like shorts and tee shirt, hoodies, dusters/trench coats.. oh well. LET THE GAME MAKING BEGIN! (I only have 16 days of my 10 day trial left.. can't wastep any time!!)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_exploding_puzzle_logo.jpg

Made some new friends, and blew up a puzzle... Happens. :LZSwink:
A new RPG Maker music pack is coming out soon! Below is a demo of one of the compositions in the pack, Heroic Battle. More details coming soon!

Trying to build a child-size body. Mostly happy with it except the sideview arms - can't get them to move quite right yet. Anyway, here's the work-in-progress, with an adult for size comparison.
ChildTest-01.gif

I started in VXAce and I liked how the kids flapped their arms so that's why it's just flapping.
A character theme... finally posted some of the music tonight as celebration for 500 followers. I really like how this song came out.
Good night (or day) everyone! :kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D_MOB0704