Can i add in/out animations for Text Boxes?

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m wondering if i could add a in/out animation. For example that the text box fades in/out when the Message starts/ends. Also, i’m a noob here, so if this is the wrong place to post this, tell me. Any help would be appreciated! Also, i’m using MV.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would require a plugin. I'm not aware of any that do that, but there are many out there that I'm not familiar with.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You may also want to specify whether you want this in addition to the default opening/closing animation or as a replacement for it. :)

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would require a plugin. I'm not aware of any that do that, but there are many out there that I'm not familiar with.

Okay, i’ll try to search around a bit.

You may also want to specify whether you want this in addition to the default opening/closing animation or as a replacement for it. :)

I’d like it as a Replacement, but Addition works too.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The only way I could think of to do this for the message boxes, short of using plugins (which is probably what you'd want to do), would be to use a "Show Picture" command to create the background for the text box onscreen in the place that your text is going to be displayed, and have your actual physical text box use the "Transparent" (invisible) background. Use "Move Picture" (yes, Move Picture) commands to change the Opacity of the picture for the text box background, thus getting the fadein/fadeout type of effects.

If you want to request Plugins to do what you need them to do, feel free to post on the "JS Plugin Requests" board. It's important that you explain exactly what effects you need, and how those effects should work in your game, if you're going to ask people to make a plugin that can do it for you.

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only way I could think of to do this for the message boxes, short of using plugins (which is probably what you'd want to do), would be to use a "Show Picture" command to create the background for the text box onscreen in the place that your text is going to be displayed, and have your actual physical text box use the "Transparent" (invisible) background. Use "Move Picture" (yes, Move Picture) commands to change the Opacity of the picture for the text box background, thus getting the fadein/fadeout type of effects.

If you want to request Plugins to do what you need them to do, feel free to post on the "JS Plugin Requests" board. It's important that you explain exactly what effects you need, and how those effects should work in your game, if you're going to ask people to make a plugin that can do it for you.

Thanks! I’ll try soon!

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pal Do you only want the area where the text is displayed on the message window to fade in and out? Or do you want the entire message window to fade in and out?

Pal

Dumb Alien Detective
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pal Do you only want the area where the text is displayed on the message window to fade in and out? Or do you want the entire message window to fade in and out?

Sorry for the late reply, but I want the entire message window.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Celebrating a milestone over at Twitter
Sneak peak of my upcoming update! Who's holding her, you may ask? Find out tonight!
10.PNG
BCj
Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
Added a small refining scene to my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yhiriend