Can I change plugin parameters separately?

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are basic plugin options that I would like to modify. For different situations, I need different values, but the developer did not foresee this. Is there any way to make this parameter "flexible" without interfering with the plugin code?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The short answer is no. Plugin parameters are defined as part of the plugin, albeit with comments rather than code. But you'd have to edit the plugin file in order to change the way the parameters work.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't understand what you're asking or what the problem is. You can double-click that parameter to change its value. Is that not enough?

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't understand what you're asking or what the problem is. You can double-click that parameter to change its value. Is that not enough?
Yes, this parameter can be changed, but it will work all the time with one set value.
For example: I need different values for different events, but if I change this parameter, it will affect all events.
I hope you understand what I mean. Sorry for my English.:kaodes:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, if you want that parameter to change for each message, you'd need a plugin mod to make it a part of the plugin command rather than an overall parameter.

@Galv is this something you would consider doing?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I haven't been very active here or with RPG Maker in the past 4 or so years.

I've only been trying to keep up with bug reports and have no plans to improve any of my old plugins, sorry.

Is there another plugin written that has this functionality you could use instead?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would suggest using something like Galv's MV message styles as a possible solution. It's not quite the same, but you could set them to appear pretty much anywhere on the map by using a placeholder event. I'm not sure if they can be set to disappear without player input though, I haven't used the plugin in a while.

Another option might be Yanfly Gab Window, but you might have the same issue as with Galv Timed Message Popups when it comes to changing up the location of the window on the fly. Also, this one is behind a bundle pay wall now, so if you don't already have it you will need to purchase the bundle it comes in.

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool! The famous @Galv wrote in my thread!:LZSbleh:

HumanNinjaToo
The main feature of this plugin is that the character can be controlled during pop-up messages. In the Galv's MV message styles plugin, I do not see this possibility.
In the Yanfly Gab Window plugin, I also do not see the Y positioning option. It turns out I have no options ..
I made a request in another section of the forum. Maybe someone can help me modify this plugin a bit ..

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galv are you happy for someone else to mod your plugin to provide this functionality?

Galv

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I prefer a separate plugin to patch it.

But here, give version 1.9 a try:

The NPC you can reach in the demo has an example.

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galv
Hooray! it works. Finally this headache will go away ..
Thanks a lot Galv! :LZSproud:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Overused ---

Hero: (Drink 3 HP Bottle L)
F.Healer: Don't drink too much,or you got sick!
Hero: Nah,i'm okay. it's the way to repleni---
(Hero Collapse)
Hero: (Weak) Ugh...my head (Coughing Then Vomiting)
F.Healer: I told you to don't Drink 3 HP Bottle L or you're Sick. Let's go to Doctor.
Shaking off the dust. Clearing the cobwebs. Time to get back to gam-mak!
I should have looked for this earlier....

It makes MV only need OGG files, and it fixes the audio lag issue. :LZSexcite:
Battle of the original characters! my main character for my game vs. my friend's main character of his comic...
A video game has a brand attached to it.
No offence meant, but it is disadvantageous to use the default RM graphics due to the fact that they can correlate your game strongly to other RM games and whatever associations a user has with those unrelated games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pen