lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can I make animations larger than 192x192? if so, how? this is extremely small for what I need...........

Dachimotsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't know for sure, but I think the animation images are divided into perfect squares, so as long as each piece of the animation takes up a perfect square, then it doesn't matter how big they are?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you can't. There are some resources that MUST be a fixed size.

There is no reason why you can't scale the frames when you create the animation though.

Dachimotsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No, you can't. There are some resources that MUST be a fixed size.

There is no reason why you can't scale the frames when you create the animation though.
Except that scaling an image up generally makes it noticeably blurrier.

Surely there's a way to use plugins to solve this issue?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on what you do exactly.

The animation cell of a picture to be used in the database animation tab has a fixed size, that can't be changed.

The animation itself as defined in the database has no size limit and can consist of many enimation cells in different positions.

So you can either skale the animation cells to the size you want, or split your intended animation into several cells and recombine them optically by placing them on the animation itself.

I have heard that there is currently a bug when placing cells that would make it tricky to place everything perfectly, but if everything else fails you can edit the json files directly to set the correct position numbers.

Jory4001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can stich two or more frames together in the editor by setting the image locations by pixels.

I have successfully done this and there is no seam even when moving the 2 pieces across the screen together.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is this fixable with a plugin though, or is it beyond the limitations of the software? Animating in the software sucks... the window is microscopic. Its a lot easier to do a large complex animation outside and bring it in as frames.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes and No. 

You can use a plugin to change the image size limit for the animations, but the plugin will not change the max size that the editor can use.

you will need to manually edit your animations jason file, or use a special editor outside of RPG maker MV to edit the animation file, even then when loading the file in the editor it won't be able to read it properly since it won't be a default file anymore. so your easiest and safest bet is to just stitch multiple images together in the animation editor like Jory4001 said, otherwise you will have to do far more work of far greater difficulty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, you could get a plugin written that allows you to use a different animation sheet when playing the game to what you see in the editor, but plugins can't change the editor, so it would be quite difficult to get things lined up properly.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CinnaBunYT