Can I make crops grow after cycle of in game clock?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Queerpg, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Queerpg

Queerpg Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey friends, so I've tried a few things but none of them have worked.
    Is there a way of making crops grow after my Days Variable adds +1? (Eg, crops grow the next morning, like in games such as Stardew Valley & Harvest Moon)
    Such as, once Days Variable = +1 then run below script
    at the moment I'm just using a basic wait command (its usually 3 lots of 999 but I dropped it for testing)
    Here's how my clock and the page I'm using for crop growing work:
    clock system.png farm system.png

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    If it doesnt work, one thing that comes to mind is that there is probably a higher event page that gets its conditions right so its triggered instead of the grow page... Higher pages takes priority over the lower ones.

Also, event commands will only work while you're on that map. If you go away, that wait frame will stop and reset the moment you return.

If you're using a day system, my suggestion is to save the day when you planted the seed into a variable, then on the next page (the page where the plant is already grown) set its its condition to if "day variable is greater than the value saved in the variable"

3. Queerpg

Queerpg Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    "If you're using a day system, my suggestion is to save the day when you planted the seed into a variable, then on the next page (the page where the plant is already grown) set its its condition to if "day variable is greater than the value saved in the variable""

Ooh, how do I make it save the day planted as a variable?

Currently the scripts I have posted DO work, it's just that I need a system for making the crops grow the next day, even if you leave the map.
    That's what I can't figure out aha

Oh! Don't worry I just found Galv's Event Timer Script which seems to do what I was trying to with variables.
    Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Queerpg, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

In fact it's a triple post, which I shall merge into one.

If you want to add something, simply use the Edit button bottom left of your post and include the new information/comment. If you want to make it clear that it is an addition, you could do what many other do which is to type
    EDIT
    and add the extra underneath that word.

If your query is fully resolved, please Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed. Mods might not see a post, but they will see a Report.