Can I open the equipment menu of a specific actor with a script call?

zarroc407

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
So I know SceneManager.push(Scene_Equip); opens the equipment menu but is there a script call that can open the equipment menu of a specific actor based on their actor id?

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try this, replacing x with the appropriate number:

$gameParty._menuActorId = x;
SceneManager.push(Scene_Equip);

zarroc407

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
@Llareian that does work the only problem is that the face image of the actor doesn't always load

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this issue will only occur the first time you perform this manual call to the equip scene. if you exit the scene and manually call the equip scene again, then you will notice that the images load properly.

by calling the scene manually from outside its normal operating conditions (entering it via the menu) you are bypassing the code which loads the necessary images and caches them for future use. this is why the images will not appear properly the first time you make this manual call to the scene, however all additional calls will use the cached images from the first manual call and everything will display properly from here on out.

if you intend to bypass the normal operating conditions of the equip scene, you will need to manually load the images you expect to use prior to manually calling the scene.

Llareian

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try adding a Wait (5 frames) between the two script commands, and see if that helps.

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ImageManager.loadFace("image name here");

Llareian

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@zarroc407 @dbchest Actually, now that I've looked into it further, I don't even know what images you're talking about, as the default equip screen doesn't HAVE actor images. Are you using a plugin for the equip screen? If so, that information is vital to helping you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.
I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!
xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvan1337