Can I pay extra to use this music pack for a Renpy game?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by jensonagain, Dec 1, 2018.

1. jensonagain

jensonagain Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm locked into making a game using Renpy.

I was wondering if I can pay extra to use this music pack in a Renpy game?

Instead of $9.99, I'd be willing to pay like $19.99 for a license so I can use it in any engine.

I normally would love to use RPG maker, but I'm in a situation where I can't this one time.

2. Arisa

Arisa probably dead Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Erm, I'm not really a moderator or anything but you could check the terms of service for that product.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Back when Game Dev Fort was running, a multi-platform license usually cost $60-$70 more than an RPG Maker license. That's a little more than the $10 extra you're willing to pay.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  4. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

5. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd say aslk degica or look around to see if you can't find it in other shops, where the ToU are not limited to rpg maker. Since Degica is a retailer, I am not allowed to mention/advertise any concrete cases of their competitors though, so you're on your own there.

The Stranger likes this.
  6. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah, the best way here is to contact Degica and ask for an extended license. They will give you all the necessary information. And there are no real rules for how much an extended license cost if it's even available. It can be much or little or if you are very lucky, even nothing at all so don't give much on any speculation about prices.

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @jensonagain you'll have to contact Degica by email or by sale support ticket (top right).
    They can't handle contract details or extended licences in a public forum for legal and other reasons.

One bit of warning: you should get an answer to a ticket within three business days, but sometimes the ticket system looses tickets from a certain group of emails. If you don't get an answer to a ticket within three of four business days (a week at most), you'll have to send another ticket using a different email adress.

jensonagain likes this.
  8. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know you can buy this pack from at least one other online shop. A few of the other packs for sale here are also available elsewhere.