Can I play the game I made after the RPG marker free trial has expired?

Normalperson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i was making a game but before i could finish it the free trial expired, how can i play the game i made again?

wilpuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe that if you buy the license you can continue the project you started with the trial.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, @wilpuri is wrong - no licence needed for playing.

the licence is only needed for working and advancing the project.

you just have to start the game directly in the project folder, without starting the editor

wilpuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wasn’t sure if the question was about continuing to work on the unfinished game or just playing the unfinished game.

Normalperson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do i find the game? i found a folder with the name of the game i had made and inside there was a file called "game" but when i clicked it made me go back to the rpg maker screen

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you have hidden the extensions and clicked on the wrong game file. game.ini or the project file won't start the game.

it either needs to be the game.exe or the index.html (assuming you're using RMMV)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you had to deploy it before the trial ran out to get the options Andar is mentioning. If you never did that it may not be possible to play it as a build that doesn't require the engine was never made.

I know ACE did give you an icon to click on that was not the project though and it ran it even without the deploy having been done. Check more there could still be something that I haven't seen yet either.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think you had to deploy it before the trial ran out to get the options Andar is mentioning. If you never did that it may not be possible to play it as a build that doesn't require the engine was never made.

I know ACE did give you an icon to click on that was not the project though and it ran it even without the deploy having been done. Check more there could still be something that I haven't seen yet either.
Deploying it isn't necessary. On MV, the entire engine is written in HTML/JavaScript, and is included in every new project folder. When you deploy it, MV just sticks a copy of NW.js (a modified Chromium web browser) inside your project folder, so that you can launch it. But since NW.js is free, you can easily download it and extract the files into your project folder manually.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok thanks for that info. So it does sound like they got an extra step though to do if I hear this right?

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You should find what you need in the MV installation folder, alternatively.
You can copy the "nwjs-win" folder (if you are using Windows) and copy the contents of your project folder (not the folder itself) into its "www" subfolder.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok thanks for that info. So it does sound like they got an extra step though to do if I hear this right?
Yeah. Technically, it's possible to avoid that extra step, as you can launch the index.html file from your default web browser. However, some browsers have security settings that will interfere with MV's method of loading files, and I think it's probably better to just do the extra step instead of tinkering with security settings.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.
A secret desire of mine: I want to make a horror game based on Celtic mythology. I've seen plenty of Greek, Japanese and Norse mythology-based horror games, but I don't think I've ever seen a Celtic-based horror game anywhere...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiDevil