Can I post a demo for a rpg maker game here?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by DiegoBinder, Jun 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DiegoBinder

DiegoBinder Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am working on a game, that is still in very early production...but I would like to post a demo for it, to see fi people like the idea and give me opinions...Can this forum be used for that? If so where can I post it?(I am using steam workshop to share it).

2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Depending on the current state of your project you could post it here or in the Ideas and Prototypes section. If you already have a demo, the first board I linked (Games in Development) should be the right one.I

However, when scrolling down the forum home page, each board has its own brief description. Those are meant to help people looking for the right board.

3. DiegoBinder

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks a lot...I did not see the "games in development" board =) (guess I was distracted)

4. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another interesting way is publishing a prototype on a platform like Itch.io. The advantage is that you can build a page, add a description for your game, add pictures, update it, have a mini-forum for your project, etc. Then you can share that page's link on this forum in the ideas and prototypes section (or game in development), and you can also share to other people on different platform by simply sharing the link.

5. DiegoBinder

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am trying to use Itch.io but I don't know what files I have to upload...I tried to upload just the game but when I download it and click it It doesn't work.

I don't even know if my steam link is working...I am completely lost =(
    Edit: On Itch.io, when I download my own game I got the message "System/RGSS301 Could not be found".

Edit2: It worked...I am deleting the links from this tread to post it properly...thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  6. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @DiegoBinder you have to put your whole folder there. You can encrypt it if you don't want other people to be able to get resources. All that can be done within the engine. I recommend you take a look at Andar's tutorial in my signature to understand the basics of the engine itself, taking a month to learn everything greatly speeds up the process later on.