Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using mp as battery life in my game, I am wondering if I make a battery pack item that I can have it reflect the amount
of mp the player currently has.
And as I charge the pack, the mp goes up.

Ive tried a few methods with no luck.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few questions:

1. Will it be linked to a specific character? An item in the items menu isn't linked to any character by default, so you'll need to have it, for example, always show the MP of actor 1, 2, or whatever specifically.
2. How will refilling it affect the actor's mp? Like, will you use the item to boost their mp? Some events in the world, etc?

For 1, you'd just need a text/message plugin that gives you an eval text code. AES_MessageExt in my signature (for MV, not sure what engine you're using) lets you do that.

For example, using the following in the description:

Code:
Actor 1's MP is \eval<<<$gameActors.actor(1).mp>>>

WIll show:

Code:
Actor 1's MP is 50

Assuming their MP is 50, of course.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Anything about "how to implement" should go into either the support forum or the plugin requests/support forum for the engine you are using.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few questions:

1. Will it be linked to a specific character? An item in the items menu isn't linked to any character by default, so you'll need to have it, for example, always show the MP of actor 1, 2, or whatever specifically.
2. How will refilling it affect the actor's mp? Like, will you use the item to boost their mp? Some events in the world, etc?

For 1, you'd just need a text/message plugin that gives you an eval text code. AES_MessageExt in my signature (for MV, not sure what engine you're using) lets you do that.

For example, using the following in the description:

Code:
Actor 1's MP is \eval<<<$gameActors.actor(1).mp>>>

WIll show:

Code:
Actor 1's MP is 50

Assuming their MP is 50, of course.
1. Since I am only using one character it will be linked to them.
2. Refilling it depending on the pickup or event will just add mp, which in game is referred to as "power".

What I was hoping was to display the current mp on the item when you look at it in the menu.

I will try your method and see if I can get it working.
Thanks for your reply! :D

EDIT:

I tried your suggestion but that doesnt do what I need it to unfortunately :/
I might try going about this another way.

Instead of using pick up items to charge the battery pack I will use a certain terminal that the player can recognize that allows them to charge the battery pack.

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Frustrated, as always. I took a break from working on games and when I turned back to working on them again, bam! Slapped in the face with more errors. Such is the pain of working on any project, I suppose.
Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neah