Can I use 52x52 character sprites, or am I not understanding how this works?

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I accidentally made a sprite slightly too large, because I forgot that the sprites I'm using have a shadow at the bottom, so I would need to make the sprite bigger by about 4 pixels in the Y axis. I don't really know how this works, so I assume 48x52 isn't a possible sprite.

If someone could explain this to me, I might need it to be like an explain like I'm five thread, since I don't feel I'm retaining the information right.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
any size of sprite is possible as long as it is done correctly

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
any size of sprite is possible as long as it is done correctly

So if I properly like up like 48x52 for 12 sprites on a sheet, MZ will allow it?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. Depending on whether you've done this with other sprites, it may or may not look misaligned when you see them together.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For months (up until yesterday) I was certain I would have zero battle system in game, but then in the past 24 hrs i got like. 4 enemies set up w a quicktime event. my reward was going to sleep !!!! >:]
Constantly torn between revealing all the progress I made + keeping things a secret until demo release. Alas !! :kaodes:
Kes
Let me ask you this - when was the last time you backed up? Can you afford to lose all the progress you've made since the last backup?
Just asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldlight