Can I use RPG Maker Resources in Pixel Game Maker MV (A Kadokawa product)

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Jomarcenter, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So as the title said since Pixel game maker MV ( https://store.steampowered.com/app/837510/ ) (unless if unknowably AGM Playism is owned by Degica or kadokawa by any chance) but it is a product by Kadokawa. especially since there a lot of plugin in the software that allowed the use of such resources in Pixel game maker MV.

peq42_ likes this.
  2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bumping this topic (I'm curious as well), but my guess is more toward, yes. Because, well why not?

peq42_ likes this.
  3. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Why not would be because use of the resources between engines is something that Degica negotiated for (if my memory is correct), and AGM Playism isn't Degica. But honestly, I don't know.

4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Whatever they provide are the only ones you can use. You can't use our DLCs or assets for Pixel Game Maker MV. Unless the office states any change, this is the ""official"" stance.

For example, the KADOKAWA 2019 freebies explicitly state they're for MV only. They don't even allow you to use it on previous RMs.

RainbowGrenade likes this.
  5. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So basically you can't use any Base resources or any kadokawa owned resources from let's say RPG Maker MV to Pixel Game Maker MV ? is that correct

6. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Correct. For a quick rule of thumb, if we do the program support for it here on this forum then you can use the resources between them, if not then no. I don't know if that's always 100% true but as far as I can tell it is.

7. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Archeia - I dont know if anything has changed, or if this is a special case for the demo of the engine. But there is a demo game the engine comes with that clearly used RMMV and RMD assets.

[​IMG]

...I mean, this is just the project logo. Then there are maps with DS style tiles.

[​IMG]

I dont mean to necro-post, but if I just thought it would be easier asking here again.

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @PixelHeart
    there are three different companies involved, and each has their own contracted artists.

Kadokawa is theoriginal japanese owner of both licences.
    Degica is the distributor hired by Kadokawa to distribute the Computer-RPG-Makers internationally.
    AGM Playism is the distributor hired by Kadokawa to distribute the other engines internationally.

Kadokawa can offer a licence to use material for both engines, because they have the right to both.
    Degica can only offer a licence for the computer-RPG-Makers, because they only have the rights to them.
    And Artists who sell their work through Degica directly usually only give the licence to use the artwork through the engines distributed by Degica.

Not even Kadokawa can use resources created by Degica-Artists unless they create a new agreement with Degica and the Artist.

These examples should show you that this is a much more complex theme.
    Yes, it is very possible that a demo created by Kadokawa holds resources from both engines. But that does not mean that anyone can mix those resources together.