Can I use the resources of RM in a profile picture?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I appologise if this is the wrong forum section to ask this, I just wasn't sure.

I have a face graphic that I've created with MV's Character Generator, and I would like to use it as a profile pic on YouTube and some other websites too.

Do I have the right to do so? I know RM resources can only be used for game creation in RM programs, but how does this apply to using the pictures online?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you can't. You have a license to use them in a game you create with the engine. You can use screenshots to advertise your game. But that is all.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, people use MV's generator to make avatars here and no one cares. But if you're wanting to know exactly what the license allows and what it doesn't, Shaz is completely right.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That exact application crossed my mind right after I posted. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who's using an avatar generated with MV's generator, but I recall seeing a few from Ace's generator.

I suspect it might be overlooked here because this is the RM forum, but if you were to use it on other sites you might run into problems.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. Any alternate solution you could recommend?
Is Game Character Hub good?

Edit: I just love MV's face style, but maybe I'll just go with a free online avatar maker...

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Should be okay to use here, it's RM forum afterall. But, if you're going to use the MV generator as your internet avatar everywhere, that is not okay

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used the MV character generator for my avatar here! Never crossed my mind that it would be a problem, since it's Degica's site. But I did wonder about using it elsewhere. There are some people using them on YouTube, but their content is mostly RM related, so while I could see that it would be (strictly speaking) a violation of the terms, it's also really good advertising for the program, so it seems like it would be kind of rude of the company to take issue with it. (But, legally, they'd have the right.)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Game character hub doesn't come with any original graphics, so if MV's generator doesn't work for you due to licensing, GCH won't either.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All right.
I'm going to use a completly different avatar creation software instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobirama