Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I noticed that when I do a print out on self.character, I get all of these @ stuff like @character_name="",@character_index="", @direction=2, "$Aluxes",

"$Aluxes_Dash"]. Are these properties for the return actor?

I tried using them as a condition to check if the self.character with a property came back true in printing and did nothing

if self.character == "$Aluxes"   
came back false on the same actor I got the print from. In fact, all actors return false. How can I use them in conditions?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Variables that start with @ are instance variables that probably shouldn't be used for conditional checking.

Instead, try setting a new variable to them (for example: variable1 = @character_name...etc) then checking the value of that variable in a conditional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you!

Hope u dont mind me putting ur name on my project as one of main heroes ;)

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't mind, but now I'm really interested as to how your game will turn out xD good luck!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plus when the conditional branch or script call are executed, they are done within the Game_Interpreter class, and not the Game_Character class, so they don't even exist (self is a Game_Interpreter instance).

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Plus when the conditional branch or script call are executed, they are done within the Game_Interpreter class, and not the Game_Character class, so they don't even exist (self is a Game_Interpreter instance).
Yup. The only case where it's not a Game_Interpreter is when you use the script command inside the "set move route" command. In that case the self instance is a subclass of the Game_Character

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks guys! BD

I don't mind, but now I'm really interested as to how your game will turn out xD good luck!
Well, as of currently, I haven't really done much on any of the other stuff besides the battle system. I'm either making the sprites for the characters for the battle which takes lots of my time since its based on all directions or adding features to the battle system. I want the battle system to be as much fun as possible in the game cuz that's what attracts my attention to a picky game. Honestly, If I don't like the battle system of a game, I don't even bother playing it BD Hopefully, someone can get a threat system compatible for schala cuz its an essential tool for  survival to this game :guffaw:   

I'll give u a video when I get this battle system to somewhat up to par. Adding you to my project. What class and sex would you want?  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.
Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neikoku