Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi !

I'm thinking of one system.
There are over 140 actors in my game, and each has different performances. Therefore, characters with low minimum and maximum specifications will be discarded and not used.

So, for each character, I want to create a passive skill that helps just by being in the party.

In the case of using this plugin, isn't it about giving state to the actor itself?

What I want is a little different.

ex1) If Actor 4 is in the party, all party members' ATK is increased by +1%.
ex2) If Actor 22 is in the party, all party members' physical defense is increased by +1%.

It should apply even if the actor is simply in the party.
(Even if the actor does not participate in the battle)

Is this possible?

Last edited:

AggroAzteca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This sound more than possible, but the implementation will be the trickiest part (based on the formula system, though my memory isn't the greatest with MV). What stage of development are in for your game?

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sound more than possible, but the implementation will be the trickiest part (based on the formula system, though my memory isn't the greatest with MV). What stage of development are in for your game?
Sorry i'm not sure what "What stage of development" means.

The game is being produced stably in terms of the system, and the system such as story/dungeon has been implemented and can be played in practice.
In the words of those who have tested it, the playtime is about 8-10 hours.

The only thing that comes to mind is that, by default, all actors are given 144 passives from the start of the game, and passives can be used in such a way that switches or actors must be in the party to trigger...
In this case, the actor database is also wasted, and when there is actually at least one actor in the party, when calculating game data in real time, 144 must be checked continuously, so it will be a waste of memory.

AggroAzteca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sorry i'm not sure what "What stage of development" means.

The game is being produced stably in terms of the system, and the system such as story/dungeon has been implemented and can be played in practice.
In the words of those who have tested it, the playtime is about 8-10 hours.

The only thing that comes to mind is that, by default, all actors are given 144 passives from the start of the game, and passives can be used in such a way that switches or actors must be in the party to trigger...
In this case, the actor database is also wasted, and when there is actually at least one actor in the party, when calculating game data in real time, 144 must be checked continuously, so it will be a waste of memory.
Oof, that sound extremely troublesome. From what I'm seeing it can be done however, we're looking for a more efficient way of doing it? Unfortunately, I'm not finding any games that have such a large cast as your game and so the alternative solutions I've seen have been lacking. Wish I could help more.. :rswt2:

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oof, that sound extremely troublesome. From what I'm seeing it can be done however, we're looking for a more efficient way of doing it? Unfortunately, I'm not finding any games that have such a large cast as your game and so the alternative solutions I've seen have been lacking. Wish I could help more.. :rswt2:
Oh... that's okay...
I've been looking here and there many times, but it's too hard to find.
:kaocry:

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't seem to read.
In the first article I wrote, there is already the address of the plugin, and I talked about what I can do with the plugin.

What I need is not like passives that only apply to the actors themselves, or auras that only apply to allies participating in the battle in battle.

All I need is passive, such as increasing the damage of all party members by 1% from the field just by having the actor in the party.

Or can you explain in detail if that plugin can solve it?

Triangle45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't seem to read.
In the first article I wrote, there is already the address of the plugin, and I talked about what I can do with the plugin.

What I need is not like passives that only apply to the actors themselves, or auras that only apply to allies participating in the battle in battle.

All I need is passive, such as increasing the damage of all party members by 1% from the field just by having the actor in the party.

Or can you explain in detail if that plugin can solve it?
Don't like to help people who talk like that, sorry. Rather use my time in my own game.
Also watch the complete video and use some imagination before you throw a passive-aggresive tantrum that will land you nowhere.

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't like to help people who talk like that, sorry. Rather use my time in my own game.
Also watch the complete video and use some imagination before you throw a passive-aggresive tantrum that will land you nowhere.
I apologize if felt bad.

but.

Don't you think it's rude to give a video without even reading the text or explaining it?

I just wrote down the facts. Should I be helped by lying or flattering?

At least if you would like to receive such an attitude, please be polite first, I just wrote one more detail explaining what I need, because I wanted you to be easy to understand.

I used that plugin, and I have already explained in the text how I can do it. Nevertheless, I didn't use it because I can no longer know how to use it.

That's why I ask questions on the forum.

What would I ask the forum for if I could have figured out how to do it myself?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would be passive states + aura states.
actor has passive aura state X which gives all actors (and/or enemies) state Y

Last edited:

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how about combining the auto passive states using yanfly aura states
hope this help
Oh yes I tried using it too.

However, this seems to only take effect during battle.

I actually tried using it, but the passive effect was applied properly during combat, but the damage did not increase properly on the field.

Additionally, auras from actors not participating in battle were not applied to all party members.

Even if the actor isn't participating in the battle, I think it could be used as long as I could change it to give the whole party a passive effect, but... I don't know how.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you want it to take effect 24/7 even when when not in active party then it would probably be easier to just have event apply state to all actors when new character joins the party roster.
in this case you would want yanfly state categories,
so these states can all have bypass recover all removal and bypass death removal

edit: 140 states on all actors 24/7 will probably cause some lag issues though

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you want it to take effect 24/7 even when when not in active party then it would probably be easier to just have event apply state to all actors when new character joins the party roster.
in this case you would want yanfly state categories,
so these states can all have bypass recover all removal and bypass death removal

edit: 140 states on all actors 24/7 will probably cause some lag issues though
That's the last way I came up with what I wrote in the very first article.

I think I can make 144 passives and have 144 actors have them all by default, and then use the conditional statement when the actor is in the party.

However, with this method, as the number of actors increases, I think the memory waste will be serious as the game must continuously check data.
Even if there are 50 actors in the party, shouldn't the computer constantly check 7200 passives?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i think your just trying to make the idle characters contribute to much.
only games i know of that even have 100+ characters are games with perma death.
i cant even think of any possible way to have that many % based increases active without causing issues.
flat rate increases sure, thats just a default eventing parameter increase.
4-20 passives in active party is 1 thing but 576 passives in a 4 man party is bound to cause issues.

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i think your just trying to make the idle characters contribute to much.
only games i know of that even have 100+ characters are games with perma death.
i cant even think of any possible way to have that many % based increases active without causing issues.
flat rate increases sure, thats just a default eventing parameter increase.
4-20 passives in active party is 1 thing but 576 passives in a 4 man party is bound to cause issues.
Too Sad... :kaocry:

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
how about adding something to a variable each time you gain specific actor with certain same boost

for example. actor A raise all member hp by 50... actor B raise all member hp by 10
create your variable HPIncrease (example: variable 4). add by 50 when you recruit actor A. add by 10 when you recruit actor B. then place passive state when the battle begin.

then maybe combine with this

then do the same with ATK. DEF. store it to variable etc etc etc...

but the downside of that plugins
1. it only give flat bonus.
we cannot increase by percentage because the plugin cannot increase max hp based on max hp.
2. it only work with basic stat. extra parameter such as crit etc does not have that option. (but i think yanfly has special parameter formula that can be combined with this.

the only thing missing might be adding percentage maxhp, atk, etc.
since the author said the notetags evaled maybe you can try using the workaround notetags that use another variables like this:
example: the percent maxhp increase variable is variable 10, then we also have variable 11 to temporary placeholder for current maxhp (before increasing)
Code:
<mhpB:  $gameVariables.value(11)=user.mhp;$gameVariables.value(10)/100*$gameVariables.value(11)>
maybe that could works... but i'm not sure. :D.

hope this help.

Dehsalp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how about adding something to a variable each time you gain specific actor with certain same boost

for example. actor A raise all member hp by 50... actor B raise all member hp by 10
create your variable HPIncrease (example: variable 4). add by 50 when you recruit actor A. add by 10 when you recruit actor B. then place passive state when the battle begin.

then maybe combine with this

then do the same with ATK. DEF. store it to variable etc etc etc...

but the downside of that plugins
1. it only give flat bonus.
we cannot increase by percentage because the plugin cannot increase max hp based on max hp.
2. it only work with basic stat. extra parameter such as crit etc does not have that option. (but i think yanfly has special parameter formula that can be combined with this.

the only thing missing might be adding percentage maxhp, atk, etc.
since the author said the notetags evaled maybe you can try using the workaround notetags that use another variables like this:
example: the percent maxhp increase variable is variable 10, then we also have variable 11 to temporary placeholder for current maxhp (before increasing)
Code:
<mhpB:  $gameVariables.value(11)=user.mhp;$gameVariables.value(10)/100*$gameVariables.value(11)>
maybe that could works... but i'm not sure. :D.

hope this help.

Oh, thank you very much.
Let's take a look right away.

It's different from increasing the stats on the field, but as explained, the lag seems to be reduced for the events checked at the start of the battle.
This is done by checking a few variables rather than checking each actor.

If the method I need doesn't really come to the end, I'll try to bypass the plugin and method shown.

Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Titlescreen idle movie player, play some videos if the player sits on the titlescreen too long! [free plugin]
"Alert, alert, there is nothing there. Wake up, there is nothing there. This is not a drill, there is nothing there. Oh hey, I see you're awake early on your day off, let's go for a run."~if dogs could talk.
I love October. It starts out with a lighthearted chillvibes. Near the end of the month, it becomes somewhat dreamy and the days feel slower. Maybe because October is the beginning of rainy season in my country. :D
Ami
--- Surprise Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Look,i'm the Cute White Ghost!
F.Mage: And,im the Scary Witch!
M.Archer: I'm The Handsome Vampire!
M.Fighter: AWOOOOOOO!!!
(Suddenly,The Electricity Is Turned Off. Then Turned On 10 Seconds Later)
Hero: (With Scream Mask & Bloody Knife) Hey,how about my Costume?
Entire Party: (Screaming Until Faint)

230 paths... roughly 250 light sources on the screen... One serious lag fiesta... But I finally got it all the screen at once. I guess I could have also just made an event to spawn each one in exactly the location I needed, but that's sooo much less fun. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ponpon