DankRat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So basically in RMVXA I have been using resource packs on previous projects (now scrapped) and the main issue at this point is a few times when I encounter a roadblock due to limitations with the resource pack, another resource pack catches my eye and appears to have the missing links and whatnot, some of then even getting recently released. I know steam sales are helpful in getting the resource packs for dirt cheap however that would mean the resource packs I already purchased and wouldn't have a need for anymore would be wasted. Though I think the possibility of selling them or getting a refund is highly unlikely.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because you've already used those resources, probably not. You would have to go through every project you ever used them in and remove them. In addition, there would be terms of use included with the pack, that would usually state that you cannot distribute the pack or sell the resources.

I know sometimes when people buy humble bundles that contain resource packs they already own, they will sometimes give them away. However, there are three considerations here that make this possible and legal, that aren't true in your situation
- they are giving away, not selling
- they do it because they have the exact same pack, not because they want to upgrade from an old pack to a new, different one
- humble bundle uses steam keys, so there is verification that only one person is using the resources

My suggestion is to hang onto them, because it's unlikely that the new packs have everything in the old packs, so if you sell them or give them away, you could be losing resources that you might then turn around and decide you need.

You could also just ask for the missing resources to be created for you, instead of buying a whole new pack. Most people would have to do that, as there's a pretty good chance that no resource pack would contain ALL the things needed for a specific project.

Edit:
https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/company/terms-and-conditions
REFUND POLICY

... Due to the nature of digital material included in DLC (graphic and audio packs), DLC are considered non-refundable.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

For the sake of clarity, I will repeat - there are no circumstances in which you can sell Resource Packs that you have purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)
Ksi
Streaming the Valentine games from the RMN Valentiny event! Drop by and say hi!
How many Vocalist is on this forums?
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabas