can someone animate these tiles for me?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by jonthefox, Jun 7, 2016.

1. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

I'm trying to convert tiles from 2k3 to MV.  All is fine except for the autotiles, particularly the animated ones.  I was able to come up with a basic framework for the tiles but I don't know how to adjust the middle set so that they animate properly.  Wondering if anyone could help me out?  

2k3toMVwater.png

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think 2K3 follows the same layout as XP - A B C D where A and C are exactly the same.

VX, Ace and MV follow an A B C back and forth pattern, where B is repeated (A B C B A B C B ...)

So to convert a 2K3 animated autotile to VX/Ace/MV format, apart from resizing, you would take the 4th, 1st and 2nd blocks and paste in that order into the new tilesheet.

2K3: A B C D

MV: D A B

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  3. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

Hey, I'm not sure what you mean about the 2k3 tiles.  Here's the part from 2k3 chipset where I got the cave water tiles from, as well as a resized version for MV. To me it looks like each tile is in a group of 3, but they follow a different scheme than the MV autotiles do, so I had to create my own "sheet" using different parts.   What am I missing?  

2k3_cavewatertiles.png

2k3_cavewatertiles_RESIZED.png

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    sorry - I thought 2K3 used a series of 4 tiles.  Ignore everything I said :)

Look in the help file to see what each 'block' is in the MV autotile.  Also look at the RTP autotiles which will give you a clue.