Can someone help me on chase scenes

Rushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hello i want to make a chase scene that is similar to ao oni he chase you from different rooms then disappear can anyone help me or send me a video link with tutorials :)) thank you

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unless someone has played ao oni (and millions of people in the world have not) your description isn't really enough to enable people to give appropriate advice. Could you please add more details to what you want to happen. Bear in mind that the enemy does not actually move from room to room, but is evented into each appropriate room. That's why we need to know more precisely what you are looking for.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently unavailable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's fairly easy to event. I don't use Ace but I have played the game and since events are basically similar for all engines, I'll give you some ideas.
The main thing is the randomness. The Oni appears out of nowhere at anytime. So you can try to make a variable that stores a random value. In a parallel event, you can set wait for that random amount of time set in the variable. After the wait, you can turn ON a switch which enables the chase. In every room, you should keep the monster event and set the condition to that switch you used to enable the chase. And after a fixed/variable number of frames, you can turn the switch OFF. That will get rid of the monster. Thsi whole cycle is continuous. Make sure to set a reasonable range for the wait. Players don't want to be chased every 5 minutes.

Edit: Hey, there's a tutorial for this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/how-to-make-a-chasing-monster-like-ao-oni.31877/

Rushi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVX
It's fairly easy to event. I don't use Ace but I have played the game and since events are basically similar for all engines, I'll give you some ideas.
The main thing is the randomness. The Oni appears out of nowhere at anytime. So you can try to make a variable that stores a random value. In a parallel event, you can set wait for that random amount of time set in the variable. After the wait, you can turn ON a switch which enables the chase. In every room, you should keep the monster event and set the condition to that switch you used to enable the chase. And after a fixed/variable number of frames, you can turn the switch OFF. That will get rid of the monster. Thsi whole cycle is continuous. Make sure to set a reasonable range for the wait. Players don't want to be chased every 5 minutes.

Edit: Hey, there's a tutorial for this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/how-to-make-a-chasing-monster-like-ao-oni.31877/
i thank you very much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AlcTheHero wrote on Mystic_Enigma's profile.
hi.
Still recovering from my laptop's transformation into a brick. I hope to be back to making soon.
Urgh. That sense of frustration when I tell my husband the plot of my game, bullet points, and at the end he looks and me and says 'that's it? Final Fantasy has more twists and turns.' Me: Ahrug! Bullet points!
Another day, another microwave accidently set on fire! >.< I just wanted popcorn for a movie night...
Have alot of moving parts rights now but I'm excited to say Fallen Feather is transitioning into phase 2 of production soon and once I get a few things in a row I can't wait to update my games in development thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuyetky01