Can someone please recreate modern algebra's Quest Log Script?

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can someone recreate modern algebra's Quest Log Script? (http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45127.0.html) I absolutely loved how much control that script gave you. I know Gameus' Quest Plugin is pretty good, but I want the ability to have the Player complete certain quest points out of order, and to be able to fail individual quest points. So, can someone who is Java Script saavy help me out, please?

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't know about a verbatim recreation of that script, but I have some interest in implementing similar functionality within my own projects, so it's something I'm looking into. 

Are there any specific from that script that interest you in particular?

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know about a verbatim recreation of that script, but I have some interest in implementing similar functionality within my own projects, so it's something I'm looking into. 

Are there any specific from that script that interest you in particular?

Well, I like all of the features, and the layout set up as well, however, my particular fancy is doing certain quests out of order, which Gamerus's Quest doesn't allow.

Say, for example, the player had to retrieve a magic sword and a magic spear, but they are at opposite ends of a maze. Depending on which path the player takes, they can get the spear before the sword. In modern algebra's script, you can complete the "get magic spear" bullet before the "get magic sword" bullet, even if the magic sword bullet is listed first. This isn't possible, currently, with Gamerus's Quest. The closest you can get to this is to have a bullet point labeled "get magic sword and magic spear", and mark the progress with a variable. While possible, it isn't very helpful if the Player hasn't played the game in a while.

Of course the example is really vague, but it helps prove my point. In my game, which I am converting from VX Ace, I have a handful of situations like this. Hence why I really liked modern algebra's script. And while Gamerus's Quest Plugin is functional and helpful, it doesn't offer that level of control...yet. I've also taken a quick look around, and all the alternative Quest Log Plugins seem to lack this function as well. And since the modern algebra's script was posted many years ago, I have no idea how to contact them.

TL;DR Version: Come back, modern algebra. We miss you. ;_;

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Currently, I have quest code tracking that is based on 'stages' or 'increments' that works independently of order. I can extend it to support prerequisite stages or prerequisite quests, but that's mainly the responsibility of the quest issuer/assignment code, rather than the tracker code.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Currently, I have quest code tracking that is based on 'stages' or 'increments' that works independently of order. I can extend it to support prerequisite stages or prerequisite quests, but that's mainly the responsibility of the quest issuer/assignment code, rather than the tracker code.

I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for, but I appreciate the help. :)

Pixii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Even though I REALLY REALLY LOVE MA's Quest Log, I found this one:  Which is very similar, but what makes it so freaking awesome, is that is comes with it's own Editor! That is freaking cool and convenient

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Even though I REALLY REALLY LOVE MA's Quest Log, I found this one:  Which is very similar, but what makes it so freaking awesome, is that is comes with it's own Editor! That is freaking cool and convenient

They already mentioned that Gameus' plugin isnt quite right:

which Gamerus's Quest doesn't allow.

And while Gamerus's Quest Plugin is functional and helpful, it doesn't offer that level of control...yet. I've also taken a quick look around, and all the alternative Quest Log Plugins seem to lack this function as well.

Pixii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
well alrighty then

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, I'm getting a bit desperate, so I'd just like to say that I'd be willing to pay someone for this plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Aaaaannd published my game's tech demo. :D

Feel free to download and play it. And give feedback!
Hey everyone, we know that the edit bar is missing. We're working on it. You can talk about it in the announcement here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/forum-errors-missing-edit-bar-etc.132715/
So, explain why we can no longer use BBC code or smilies in our posts? This sparks much sadness...
Are we now stuck with WYSIWYG ? I cannot revert back my posts to good old raw text ?
I'm wondering if I may be putting too many things into one map. A story, within a story, within a story . . . it's fun, but I can't shake the feeling that it may be better to scrap some of it, and use it for another map. I'm not sure what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nachteulen