Can the buttons in the conditional branch be customized?

mark88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello I may need help. I am a beginner and not very familiar with programming, so I need you. I have a problem in MZ. I want to use branch conditions to make a save function, such as pressing the button "S" to save, and "L" to load the game. Do you have any solutions?

Script or plugin

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no

full keyboard scripts and plugins have always been developed for the makers - if they don't exist yet for MZ they will become available shortly.

however nothing can change the editor that way, the plugins will only give script functions to enable checking for those other keys.

mark88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
yes and no

full keyboard scripts and plugins have always been developed for the makers - if they don't exist yet for MZ they will become available shortly.

however nothing can change the editor that way, the plugins will only give script functions to enable checking for those other keys.
Ok i seem to get it
Although it’s a bit regretful, but I’m glad you answered my question ...

Do you know how to customize buttons using scripts?

Maybe there are other ways?
On the map Prepare a button and use an event to click?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As mentioned, the game does not recognise the "L" and "S" buttons by default. So you need a plugin to add the button to the game's key-map, then have some way to link that to an action (load/save). Some key-mapping plugins let you link inputs directly to events. Otherwise, you can try checking for input via the standard script calls, e.g. Conditional Branch > Script:
JavaScript:
Input.isTriggered("ok");
Some plugin options:
  1. DK_FullInput
    • Looks very thorough; keyboard + gamepad; requires paid license for commercial use.
  2. VisuStella MZ Button Common Events
    • I don't know much about this one; it's paid but probably very stable and flexible.
  3. Cae_KeyboardInputs (thread)
    • Set keyboard inputs; optionally bind keys to common events; no gamepad support; free.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished v0.1 of FOSSIL. It's a plugin that lets you use MV plugins in MZ without editing them by making them use new functions.

I have about 40 plugins tested and working so far (including chrono engine and some other big ones). I hope that the community will pitch in and help improve it, so we can use all the old plugins in MZ. :)
I really lack discipline and find myself far too often giving into or at least seriously considering the temptation to start a new project rather than following through on a WIP that's no longer a shiny and new idea.

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for making themselves follow through with things instead of doing this? Like that actually work?
I'm starting the "Switches lesson" on Learn MV today, what would you like to learn about them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galbador