Can the buttons in the conditional branch be customized?

mark88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello I may need help. I am a beginner and not very familiar with programming, so I need you. I have a problem in MZ. I want to use branch conditions to make a save function, such as pressing the button "S" to save, and "L" to load the game. Do you have any solutions?

Script or plugin

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no

full keyboard scripts and plugins have always been developed for the makers - if they don't exist yet for MZ they will become available shortly.

however nothing can change the editor that way, the plugins will only give script functions to enable checking for those other keys.

mark88

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
yes and no

full keyboard scripts and plugins have always been developed for the makers - if they don't exist yet for MZ they will become available shortly.

however nothing can change the editor that way, the plugins will only give script functions to enable checking for those other keys.
Ok i seem to get it
Although it’s a bit regretful, but I’m glad you answered my question ...

Do you know how to customize buttons using scripts?

Maybe there are other ways?
On the map Prepare a button and use an event to click?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As mentioned, the game does not recognise the "L" and "S" buttons by default. So you need a plugin to add the button to the game's key-map, then have some way to link that to an action (load/save). Some key-mapping plugins let you link inputs directly to events. Otherwise, you can try checking for input via the standard script calls, e.g. Conditional Branch > Script:
JavaScript:
Input.isTriggered("ok");
Some plugin options:
  1. DK_FullInput
    • Looks very thorough; keyboard + gamepad; requires paid license for commercial use.
  2. VisuStella MZ Button Common Events
    • I don't know much about this one; it's paid but probably very stable and flexible.
  3. Cae_KeyboardInputs (thread)
    • Set keyboard inputs; optionally bind keys to common events; no gamepad support; free.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png
Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Totaldramawwe