Can We Control The Way Battle Menu Images Are Cropped?

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Right. Another of my weird and silly problems.

I noticed that my Character Portraits look fine in the main menu, thus :
menu.png

But they get cropped funny for the battle menu, thus;

menu-btl.jpg

Before I go reworking the portraits by trial and error, is this an issue anyone has run into before and is there a way to resize the image via script for the battle menu so it doesn't cut off my Cow's horns? After all, it needs the horns for battle!

I can see that shifting the cow and ostrich down a few pixels would help there, but the penguin is the trickier one. I like showing more of the hat as well as the entire face, so would rather not just shift the portrait up for that one

And yes, I'm still using the old Cow Battler for everyone until I get around to making their proper ones, but this is about the battle menu pix today.

Thanks for any advice anyone has to offer.

EDIT: The spoiler tags don't seem to be working the way I'd hoped :oops: Sorry if the images should be hidden, but at least I tried!

I guess I'd also like to know what I did wrong there too.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Can't help you with the question, but for the spoiler tags: it's "spoiler" not "ispoiler".

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can't help you with the question, but for the spoiler tags: it's "spoiler" not "ispoiler".
Thanks - I just clicked the "Inline Spoiler" icon in the post editor, and that's what popped up!

Me go edit now...

EDIT: Yay!

It worked.

I should have thought to try that.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
No problem. :) I didn't even know we had an inline spoiler button. :aswt: The normal spoiler button is the second from the right one (the eye with a line through).

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No problem. :) I didn't even know we had an inline spoiler button. :aswt: The normal spoiler button is the second from the right one (the eye with a line through).

Yeah, I went from top left to right and it was in the "more" options.

I stopped looking when I found what I thought was the thing I was seeking o_O

EDIT:

OK, I kinda figgerred it out-ish.

It's not cropping the images differently, it's creating the menu differently! I removed the TP Gauge, and the portraits appear properly.

menu-btl.jpg

I think this may qualify as a bug, but I can see where they'd easily dismiss it as too trivial to bother with. It may lead to a plugin request to resize the portraits in the battle menu when TP is enabled.

Fortunately, I was still trying to think of a use for TP in my game, and may just drop it rather than cut off my Cow's horns!

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this the default battle system or are you using a plugin?

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Shaz,

I'm using as few plugins as possible until I get more finished, so it is still the default battle system (only using my own portraits, battlers, and enemies) (if one *can* consider Beer an enemy!) (it just got scared and ran away - our Heroes are trying to return it to the pubs!)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to take this further, just say so, and we'll move it to Plugin Requests for you.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you want to take this further, just say so, and we'll move it to Plugin Requests for you.

Thanks for the offer!

I haven't hit the point where I'm ready to take on battle system choices yet, but in the interest of keeping my options open it may be wise.

I think I should research just what the different battle system plugins do first though. Do any of them, like VisuStella's or Akea's (the two that I marked to look at when I reach that point), effect the portraits display? I'd hate to request something which is already customizable with an existing plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Now, hopefully, some certain people will not be stupid enough to leak my name on the reports.
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tocurse