Can we guess your character's personality by a drawing of them?

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've recently watched this video and I very interested by the beginning part of it, where Dan describes how a good character design and pose can convey character.  Now we all probably have a lot of characters in our own games, but I was wondering if we could try some kind of experiment given a model sheet or official artwork of our characters.

How it works is we each post an image of a character from our game, while saying as little about them as possible.  Then below you try to guess things about that character.  What kind of personality do you think they have?  How do you think they would speak?  What kind of abilities would they have in-game and so on.  The more accurate our guesses are to your character, generally the better the pose and design.  I think this could be a fun experiment!

I'll start with this guy.

Caswell (2).jpg

He's an anteater with a maroon shirt.  That's all I'm going to say for now.  What do you think this character would be like?

And feel free to post your own characters below too.  I think something like this could be a lot of fun!

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's a great picture btw. I'd say he's emotional and curios, generally a nice fellow.

Ren.png

Ren: She's a fourteen year old from Earth's colony on the planet Aluzon 1. Her father is very wealthy.

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ren: She's a fourteen year old from Earth's colony on the planet Aluzon 1. Her father is very wealthy.
She looks like a mage straight out of an Earthound-like.  Very mysterious, yet kind.

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ren looks like she's kind and willing to help others, but does not have many meaningful relationships, and thus is easily taken by surprise when someone approaches her as a normal person.

Can you guess my character, Nero Grimm?

Nero Grimm.png

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DiretoothHe's a leader and is out there to help others, but has a bit of an ego.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
He's the mad scientist (surgeon? XD) type. He's most probably evil based off of those eyes and he either works for some criminal organization or Team Rocket judging by the logo on his arm thingy.

If you want to see how close you two were to Ren

@TheGamedawg While she's not a mage she does have a device that allows her to do things that would be classified as magic. In the beginning she does have a rather mysterious aroma and she is quiet kind. 

@DiretoothPretty much spot on. As her family is rich she's never had to do any work herself and as such tries to do as much as she can herself. She' used to talking to people from behind a mask (not literally XD) in order to keep up appearances in front of her father and expects people to only be kind to her because of her position and because of this has a problem accepting that anyone outside of her family will actually care for her. She feels the need to help others but doesn't out of fear she will ruin her father's reputation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Arkus is a mad scientist/surgeon. However, just because he loves to dissect and kill things does not mean he is necessarily evil. He aligns with only those who can lead him to discovery. It just so happens the heroes of the stories he appears in lead him not only to the discovery of magic and spirits, but to things beyond his wildest imagination.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wasn't that far off  :p  He sounds like an interesting character.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Oh, this looks fun!

This ones name is Kahul, not going to say anything else because I would like to see what you guys come up with :D  (He is a member of my main characters team tho

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Kahul's a nice guy. He'll help the ones in need, but has a bit of a deceiving air to him.

ShinNessTen

Valedictorian of Wonderland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Oh, this looks fun!

This ones name is Kahul, not going to say anything else because I would like to see what you guys come up with :D  (He is a member of my main characters team tho

This dude looks like he's seen some ****... Coat's always indicate change in life. (no they don't)

Here's my proud lil' ol' birdy fella!!!

His name is Tod... just translate Tod from German to English and... take a wild guess what he does! lol

Reactions: Gin

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, this looks fun!

He looks like the thief of the game.  Might be the third character to join your party.  I get the odd feeling that you would be introduced to him by him stealing something from you.

Reactions: Gin

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I got another one. Although it's less detailed than my first one.

I'm really curios as to what you guys will think of her.

@ShinNessTenHe looks like he's an aristocrat. Wealthy and has a high standard pf living. The scythe makes me thing that he works for an undead God, or at least one that works with the dead. 

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@ShinNessTen Hmmm-........ he.... GIVES LIFE TO PEOPLE?

Shin is actually quite close :D  

For the guys that want to know Kahuls story, here it is:

Kahul is a 5000+ year old god of alcohol. one of only 6 gods in exsitance. 

At first there was only one goddess ( Pali) who than created the other 4 gods. Kahul however was a human and than became a god after he invented alcohol and got worshiped by humans. In the game you are on the site of the other 4 gods hat try to kill Pali and but since they were sealed away they cant use their powers an Kahul now is the only being that can do something against Pali. But he had enough of all the power struggle and traveled around the world searching for new alcohol recipes. In the end he joins the main character on the trip to defeat Pali so that he can finally be left alone and -finally die because after 5000+years he finally wants to rest and thinks that no human should life for so long

His character is that of a guy that went from easy going to mature to wise to "Ah what ever, I will just life my life how I want". 

But he still has good morals and likes the main characters and her brother because they have something to fight for, something he didnt have for so long and wants to do something good for a hopefully last time.

He is a powerfull mage that gets his power from alcohol ( he is the god of alcohol duhhhh) and uses his fists to fight.

Despite currently living on the street, ah I mean currently traveling the world he would never steal or break the law. 

The time he grew úp in had strong laws and customs and that left its traces. He is slightly overchallenged with the games current technology ( is afraid of trains and so on).

Doesnt like ships.

ShinNessTen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVX

I'm really curios as to what you guys will think of her.

@ShinNessTenHe looks like he's an aristocrat. Wealthy and has a high standard pf living. The scythe makes me thing that he works for an undead God, or at least one that works with the dead. 
LMAO! Wealth and Tod! xD

It's actually not a complicated character at all.

So you see, there's this almighty god cat... thing who rules over everything. One day he got bored and chose one of his own Creations to be a grim Reaper and just... start killing other monsters. (In that world there are no humans anymore, so he kills monsters instead)

But Tod one day decided he ain't havin' that **** and instead tries to kill the god cat... and that's basically the plot of Tod the grim reaper... 1... lmao! xD Next time i'm gonna show you a real complex character that i didn't just made in 5 minutes. :)

Also that less detailed char looks like it got no care in the world. Not even a nuclear holocaust can make her show any kind of emotion, it's just "meh".

trouble time

Victorious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, can I participate even if I didn't actually draw my own characters (I can barely handwrite).

I hope so cause I'mma post.

Her name is Dia. She's one of the two main characters, and probably my favorite character. I comissioned the drawing from an artist called Alera.

@NeoFantasy She looks a bit like she's lost in some way, like she's looking for something, and she might not know what it is. Kinda cause she looks like a ghost to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
His name is Tod... just translate Tod from German to English and... take a wild guess what he does! lol
He looks like a mage.  I honestly really like this thing's design.  I'm a little curious about what its weapon is suppose to be though.  It looks like some sort of scythe.  Maybe he's holding it upside-down.

You seem to like mysterious-looking characters because this is the second one that strikes me as such.  I'm not sure if this is intentional but it looks like she's in some kind of snowstorm.

ShinNessTen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVX
He looks like a mage.  I honestly really like this thing's design.  I'm a little curious about what its weapon is suppose to be though.  It looks like some sort of scythe.  Maybe he's holding it upside-down.
You nailed the mage and the weapon part. 

I know the scythe looks odd, but how else would've you hold it to the ground like that? xD

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You are all pretty close. Her name Kaylen and she is fifteen. She's always lost in the clouds, living in her own imaginary world. She is actually supposed to be a ghost in that picture (Which is why the rest of her body isn't drawn.) When she was alive she never showed much emotion, she just went with the flow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:
Traps, detecting traps, and disarming traps including treasure traps have now been implemented into my Might and Magic-inspired project. If you don't want to get hurt, you better have a character who focuses on the perception skill, and you better have a character who focuses on the disarm skill!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loehz